I have been searching high and low and can't find a tab for the solo that John plays in his live performance of I Don't Need No Doctor. I'm specifically talking about the performance he did in 2007, Where The Light Is: Live in LA.
I know its a hell of a tab, but I'm particularly interested in the bit he plays in the end (where he repeats that riff with Robbie Macintosh).

Anybody know where I can find it, or alternatively is anybody who knows how its done up for tabbing it? I know there are some awesome players out there who know the riff so any response can help! I really appreciate it!

By the by, I realize this might be in the wrong thread.. I posted it in the tabs one, but I know the pit gets more views!
sLaSh rULeS
Last edited by jelleman at Jul 8, 2009,
too bad.
Quote by Beserker

I would join in and make it an orgy, f*cking my father up the ass while he gives it hard to my sweet little pumpkin, culminating in me cumming all over his bearded face.

...is that what you wanted to hear?

wrong forum.

John mayer's stuff isnt that complicated, learn the scales he uses.

I can tell you right now that I guarantee it's a simple yet effective blend of the major and minor pentatonic scales, with some major patterns thrown in. Just learn them.

EDIT: After listening to it, it's mostly minor pentatonic, and HEAVY srv influence.

If you like that, listen to this. Basically everything that mayer took from that performance can be seen in this performance of SRV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuT9Q4VmR4E
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Jul 8, 2009,
john mayer's stuff does not require tabs. its as basic blues as you can get.

secondly, this is the wrong forum. it doesn't matter if the pit gets more views, this isn't the place to ask.
Quote by jelleman
Okay then.. I apologize for posting it in this forum?

Well, i mean, we DID give you your answer.

It's a pentatonic blues improvisation solo. It's lame to need a tab for that. Learn the scales.

I've only been playing the blues for 3 years and I can visualize where his fingers are on the fretboard when I hear that solo, no visuals. It just takes practice. Don't do tabs, they don't help you learn the blues.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Thanks again Slinky, I do appreciate it.
I have also been playing for about 5 years and I do know the scales well, especially the pent. minor. I just get a little obsessive trying to playing exactly what he's playing note for note. I've got it down by ear, but like I just wanted to see the "official notes" you know? Call me crazy but anyway..

Honestly though, thanks for the input.
sLaSh rULeS
*reported*

har har.
Quote by Beserker

I would join in and make it an orgy, f*cking my father up the ass while he gives it hard to my sweet little pumpkin, culminating in me cumming all over his bearded face.

...is that what you wanted to hear?

ask him
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.