Okay, I'm really tempted to buy a seve string...

A few questions...

I'm in a band and the other guitarist has a six-string, will we be able to play together alright? I think it would be sweet?

Also, there's a Schecter Omen Extreme 7 string on trademe (New Zealand ebay) for NZD$700
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instruments/Instruments/Guitar-bass/Electric-guitars/auction-228012561.htm
I think that's pretty cheap for a seven string. It's the same price as I bought my **** AXL Fireax for brand new a few years ago.
Is it a good guitar?
Last edited by guitarsonist at Jul 8, 2009,
Quote by guitarsonist

I'm in a band and the other guitarist has a six-string, will we be able to play together alright? I think it would be sweet?

I can only answer that "properly"...

yeah, why not? It could spawn some very interesting harmonies
You like it
btw...the link answers with bad request...
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Kozlic
btw...the link answers with bad request...

Sorry, it was working before... Should be working now?
Quote by guitarsonist
Okay, I'm really tempted to buy a seve string...

A few questions...

Also, there's a Schecter Omen Extreme 7 string on trademe (New Zealand ebay) for NZD$700
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instruments/Instruments/Guitar-bass/Electric-guitars/auction-228012561.htm
I think that's pretty cheap for a seven string. It's the same price as I bought my **** AXL Fireax for brand new a few years ago.
Is it a good guitar?

Spawn of Possession does the 6-string with 7-string thing and it's working pretty damn well for them I'd say. So yeah, you can do some very interesting stuff with that.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Okay sweet, so it will be fine with my band. But is the Schecter Omen Extreme 7 a good guitar?
Never played a Schecter myself, but I've heard good things about them. Their necks are reputably thicker than other metal guitars but that shouldn't be a big deal.
See if you can try a Shecter in a music store near you.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!