Hello pit!

I'm trying to raise money (Need about £2000) for a trip to Iceland in 2010 to complete my Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award, and we're going to be having a coffee morning pretty soon to raise some dosh.

My question is, what fundraising ideas tend to work well? We've got the coffee and biscuits, obviously, a raffle, a jumble sale and a cake sale going on the same day.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers
Sell drugs on the side use the coffey stands as a cover.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
youll need more than coffee and biscuits, unless your planning on charging extortionate amounts for them
try the raffle thing, and for prizes see if local companies/shops will give you anything for free/on the cheap in exchange for mentioning them
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
ask for a grant. Here in Australia many companies give grants to non-profit organisations like scouts and youth groups, never know it might work
Play little gigs.
Steal lolly's from little kids and sell them.
you know, the usual stuff!
Sponsored furiouslymasturbate-athon?
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
sausage sizzles are great as well as the other ideas here (the more sensible ones anyway). Sometimes tins ofr donations will work, people in smaller communites will tend to support locals in doing atuff like that, depends on how bigger town you live in as to whether that will work or not.
raffle off yourself to babes?
Someone plunged a dagger deep into God's chest and
When he groaned it laid our entire civilization to rest
When he pulled out the dagger and marveled at the pain he could create
We stuck another in his back to seal creation's fate
Yeah, replace the sugar in those little packets with ice, then they will have to come back.
April is the cruellest month, breeding Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing Memory and desire, stirring Dull roots with spring rain
I've got friends who work in a charity shop, so I could quite easily get stuff for a raffle... Have we missed any great things that could rake in money for our coffee morning?

Coffee/tea and biscuits.
Raffle.
Cake sale.
Jumble sale.

And we don't have to raise the 2000 all in one go Just need to get some money towards it at this point.
Thanks for your contributions so far!