Hi,I'd like to tell me your opinion about which guitar to buy.I play nu-metal and i'd like guitar with good sound and to look good on stage.I'm a shredder but sometimes i play more melodic parts.
Also I would like to change the pickups on the guitar i'm going to buy.Please give me some ideas .
NU-METAL !
THANKS ANTICIPATED.
Tama: Drum Kit Imerialstarr Superstar
Ibanez:GRG170DX Left Handed
Fender:American Standard Jazz Bass Left Handed
Ibanez:Toneblaster Combo Amp TBX30R
Marshall:MB Series Bass Guitar Amplifier
I've got the SA myself and like it a lot, never tried the RG...
If you're looking for an instrument to last you a good few years, go with the SA, lower-end cheap RGs are good for the money, but the locking trem is garbage and probably wont last more than a couple of years or so.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
The SA is probably better quality and more multy-task, hence will probably offer a better sound BUT if you are the type of player that you say you are more of your expectacions will be met by the RG
I know that it's hard to focus on what you realy wan't if you haven't got alot of experience but in the end no forum will do better than going to a shop or two trying things out with your own hands and hearing it with your own ears

good luck and I hope you find what you want
Quote by Rashomon
The SA is probably better quality and more multy-task, hence will probably offer a better sound BUT if you are the type of player that you say you are more of your expectacions will be met by the RG
I know that it's hard to focus on what you realy wan't if you haven't got alot of experience but in the end no forum will do better than going to a shop or two trying things out with your own hands and hearing it with your own ears

good luck and I hope you find what you want

I would go to a shop but i live in romania,costanta and I am a lefty ,and at my local shop they don't have guitars for the left-handed people.

GOD,I live in a crappy country and I am also a lefty...it's simply incredible how life can be 6th stringed and suck in E MAJOR!
Don't forget that you CAN still order from overseas and have it delivered to you, though like the previous poster said, no forum will do better than going to a shop or two trying things out with your own hands and hearing it with your own ears.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Well my friend than it's pretty much buy a train ticket and go to Bucharest or Hendrix style turn a right hand guitar upside down and change the strings
Quote by Rashomon
Well my friend than it's pretty much buy a train ticket and go to Bucharest or Hendrix style turn a right hand guitar upside down and change the strings

yeah..that was one of my ideas but...you know that you forgot to say little before friend because i am only 13 years old .And of course i can beg my parents to spend 90 euros to go to bucharest.I can try the rg because one of my friends has one for the right hand but about the SA..i don't know.I'll see if they have one at the shop even if its for the right hand.
Well..what about the pickups?
P.S. 90 euros=3 tickets go-return
Last edited by Birthmark at Jul 8, 2009,
I would go with the RG, it is a better guitar, even tho some might disagree I know that it is.
The trem is not the best but it works just fine when set-up correct. The sa does not have top locks so the trem on those guitars are not as stable as those with a locking trem.
It´s your call, good luck and rock on !!!!!!!!
Quote by Birthmark

Well..what about the pickups?

Wait about pickups till you've had the guitar some weeks, maybe the stock pickups will do the job for you and you'll save money