Is it possible or easy to make a guitar's top too flexible? Is there such a thing as ''over'' playing it?

Or maybe with a device like the ToneRite....will the top become too flexible after too long?

But ultimately, i would like to know what would happen when the spruce top gets too flexible? How can i tell if its too flexible?
Unless physical damage is being done to the wood, I find it hard to believe that it would become "too" flexible...that being said, I would never let one of those tonerite things near my instrument.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
oh no...tonerite is a device which vibrates the top like how it actually would when being played

Physical damage? Its hard for loud music to actually damage it in that case yes?
I was more talking temperature and humidity. I googled the tonerite thing, and I stand by my statement that I'd never let it near my instrument.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Are you using it on your epiphone you have listed? As far as I know the toneright thing should really only be used on guitars with solid tops or all solid guitars. That Epi, while still a good guitar, doesn't have that. Without it, the wood doesn't really age per say. This thing just vibrates the wood. If your wood can't vibrate well then it might be rattling something inside your guitar (the electronics or what have you) and making a noise. I can't imagine a laminate guitar top being very flexible. They are supposed to be much less flexible than solid tops.

Also, humidity shouldn't really effect it too much if it's not a solid top. It would pretty much have to left in your hot, humid car to get damage.

Why do you think it flex's too much? Is something rattling? Is the top bowed out?
Quote by obeythepenguin
If this is about trying to cheat the 'aging' process, three words: Not worth it.

That's what I was thinking. A good guitar sounds good right out of the box (set-up of course). The aging is just the icing on the cake.
yeah if its "too" flexible then its been affected by weather A LOT
DBZ Barchetta Eminent FR
DBZ Bolero ST
DBZ Imperial FM
DBZ Venom Matte Black
Dean '79 V
Dean '79 ML
Fender Princeton Chorus
Behringer V-Tone 2/12
Asterope Cables
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Digitech Hardware Metal Distortion
i have a thing with Tone Rite

is there any objective measurement of tone quality?

and i suposse there's people believing on those charts
Tonerite sounds like a gimmick to me.

I would never use such a product. The main reason being that the guitar opens up differently according to your playing style. Besides, you can't cheat the natural process no matter how hard you try.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by deluxity
i have a thing with Tone Rite

is there any objective measurement of tone quality?

and i suposse there's people believing on those charts

Dude, if it's on a chart it's fact. Didn't you learn anything in school?
Quote by clicky234
Dude, if it's on a chart it's fact. Didn't you learn anything in school?

That's so true. It's why Al Gore is god and also why it's hitting 13 degrees celsuis in July.

/sarcasm
Equipment:

no...its been a long time since ive updated my sig...I sold my s470 and got a Tanglewood

check this out *Link removed* copy and paste in the url thing

Correction, it doesn't accelerate the ''aging'' process...It just opens up the top...loosens it a bit

I've tried it for just 2 days before and i've heard a noticeable difference....my guitar got louder and fuller...bass notes got boosted and overall just sweeter...its hard to explain, but yeah, it just felt better

Please don't start an argument, its your choice if you disagree...
Can't post links to other forums.
Equipment: