I have made a song and found that an E symmetrical scale fits with all the chords. However, the bass line is based around the A minor pentatonic scale, except for one or two notes. My problem is I am not sure how to tell whether the symmetrical scale played over the bass line as well as the chords is going to clash. How can I tell? I'm not finding it easy to use just my ear in this instance.
Quote by GirlGerms
I have made a song and found that an E symmetrical scale fits with all the chords. However, the bass line is based around the A minor pentatonic scale, except for one or two notes. My problem is I am not sure how to tell whether the symmetrical scale played over the bass line as well as the chords is going to clash. How can I tell? I'm not finding it easy to use just my ear in this instance.

What're you finding so hard about using your ear? Just play and if it sounds good keep it, if it doesn't don't, that's just about all there is to it.

Don't worry about theory until you need to tell someone else what you're doing; that's what it's really there for.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Symmetrical scales sound hideous, IMO.

But yeah, if you like how it sounds, then don't worry about the theory.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...