Page 1 of 2
so im 16, earning 600 dollars a month.. i go to a pretty pimped out church.
i have had the idea to giving to world vision.
but then at church they tell me that gving to the church is giving to god.

i am more inclined in giving to a charity like world vision.. giving to the needy.
in the end i really just want to thank God for all he has done for me.

any comments?
what does an omnipotent, omipresent divine being need that requires little bits of metal and paper.
why not... give a church to charity?
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Give to world vision. You're helping out God's ministry, and giving it back to Him. Your offering to the church is a surrender of what is yours to God, not expecting anything for yourself in return. And when you give to world vision, you're doing pretty much the same thing.
Quote by To The End

but then at church they tell me that gving to the church is giving to god.

Don't listen to them.

And even if you give to a charity, thoroughly investigate them before you just give them a wad of cash.

Sorry to be so negative, it's clear you have good intentions. You're a good person. But unfortunately many make a living from exploiting such people.
Here's what you do...
take all your money and throw it up in the air...
what god wants, he'll keep.
Ahh...
I'm an atheistic Satanist. I know our religions have had some troubles in the past, but give a donation to satan =]

But really, go out, buy a blanket and a cheeseburger and give it to a homeless person. Some of them are genuinely interesting people, and you'll make a new friend. Save the rest of the money and buy yourself a better guitar.

Your church doesnt need the money.
Well, ask yourself this:
Does the almighty God need money?
Or do poor kids in Africa who don't have anything to eat and are dying need money?
charity.the church gets enough money from collections
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Give it to charity

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Doesn't the bible say you should give the money to me?
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
GOD NEEDS YOUR MONEY NOW!!!

If you can't figure this one out yourself then who your want to give your money to is the least of your worries
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
God being a powerful as he is! does he need money do me a favour. The Guy is surposed to of created the world FFS.

What could he buy anyway is there shops he can go to?

Is it even that hard a decision. Give It To Charity.
I think God would be happier if you give the money to the people that need it...

The Church has enough money as it is.
SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEND YOUR MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TO JESUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL ORDER YOUR ETERNAL LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
What HAS god done for you? Okay, i'm an athiest so I can't exactly relate to you, but I'd think the obvious answer is give to a charity because they will give to people in Africa who actually need it.
giving to a church is not the only way to "give to God" as was mentioned (even if sarcastically) that God does not actually get the money. however, a lot of churches have a large part of their budget to help various ministries either locally or farther out. do some research of how the church uses its money and see if you'd rather it go straight to a charity, the church and how it spends it, or use it yourself (as was also mentioned) to help various people in need around you.

the point of "giving to God" is a faith issue and not actually about so much where the money is going. of course, it is good to make sure it's going to the right places. but he calls us to give not for his own sake, but for ours.
Quote by steee21
Charities need donations, God doesn't.

This.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Give it to charity of course. A poor kid with next to nothing needs it more than a church, where the biggest problems are related to afternoon tea or new flowers for the rosebed. You don't need money to pray ffs
Give it to charity. The church will say anything to you to donate, and I'm a Christian, so yeah. Don't give it to some stupid charity for kids in Africa or something. Give it to something that involves the USA cause we have enough problems here that need to be fixed.
SPOILER: God isn't real.

An imaginary friend doesn't need money.

Give to charity, or even keep it for yourself.
RIP Tom Searle.
^Why are problems in the USA more important than problems in Africa?
give it to a church charity.

world vision is a church charity ergo give it to them. everyone is happy
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by whalepudding
^Why are problems in the USA more important than problems in Africa?
Cause we ****ing live here and even after we help, the stupid ****s will continue to spread AIDS because they won't ever use birth control or stop having sex and they'll always be hungry cause they'll never have enough money.
Quote by OnlyIbanez12
Cause we ****ing live here and even after we help, the stupid ****s will continue to spread AIDS because they won't ever use birth control or stop having sex and they'll always be hungry cause they'll never have enough money.

you arent exactly helping the american stereotype.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by MH400
SPOILER: God isn't real.

An imaginary friend doesn't need money.

Give to charity, or even keep it for yourself.
Well thank God you have all the answers. I'm so glad some kid on UG knows if God is real or not. Thank you so much.
Quote by OnlyIbanez12

I don't think I like you very much.
I am as catholic as can be and I'll tell you now, all the church does is purchase extra crap for themselves. Give it to a charity involving the future; children.
Your light bulb knows everything you do in your room.
Quote by Demon Wolf

you arent exactly helping the american stereotype.
I don't care. That's how I feel and it's the truth. Why can't I help kids here with Cancer or some terminal illness or kids here that have no money and no family? Why can't I donate it Pancreatic cancer research or to breast cancer research or heart disease research instead of throwing it away to some stupid ******s in some Country (or Continent if you're talking about Africa) that I couldn't give two ****s less about?
Quote by OnlyIbanez12
I don't care. That's how I feel and it's the truth. Why can't I help kids here with Cancer or some terminal illness or kids here that have no money and no family? Why can't I donate it Pancreatic cancer research or to breast cancer research or heart disease research instead of throwing it away to some stupid ******s in some Country (or Continent if you're talking about Africa) that I couldn't give two ****s less about?
Why do you not care about other people if they live under a different government?
Quote by OnlyIbanez12

Arrogance will get you nowhere.
Your light bulb knows everything you do in your room.
Quote by whalepudding
Why do you not care about other people if they live under a different government?
Because it isn't gonna help, no matter how much they say it will. All of the people in all of those third world countries are like animals and all they'll ever do is ****, spread disease and kill each other. And if you think caring about them makes you a "good person" I feel bad for you. And you're probably one of those idealist kids who thinks the world will one day be one big happy place and it won't.
All you silly people saying god doesn't exist aren't really helping him.

Say god would exist, he'd probably help the needy too. Instead of helping the people who preach you should help the needy.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Give to Charity.

Whatever your doing, your still helping the needy. Its not like the Church is going to to shun you for not donating to them.

God sees what your doing

I hope..
Any church who tells you that giving to them is "giving to god" in inevitably fake (which is most churches). Sure, I'm an atheist like many people on here; but I'm not a overt bitch about religion. I just can't help laughing when it is so obviously a hypocritical place. I don't support giving to either churches or charities (the latter because a majority of the money is taken by the CEO's and stuff. In the USA charities only have to give 10 percent of their earnings to their cause. The other 90 percent can go into their pockets. Its a scam. I would prefer working directly with people in need, as I have, instead of throwing money into the pockets of big "non-profit" and "charitable" business).

If you want to give to the needy drive to a big city and give some money to the homeless people. Last time I went to NYC and saw this dude digging out of the trash, I just gave him a 20. You can actually see real people dealing with this stuff on your doorstep if you are inclined to look.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Page 1 of 2