I know this isn't really suited for this forum, but was wondering whether anyone could help me with my issue?

I have a Behringer PMH660M Mixer with 2 RCL 250w MAX 12 inch Speakers. Now the microphones are plugged in the mixer and there is signal coming through, there is just no sound coming out of the speakers! I have 2 Speaker to 1/4" Jack Leads which are connected correctly to the mixer and there are two hole inputs on each speaker for me to connect the jack to.
So in simple terms the set up is like this:

Mixer

Speaker Speaker

Can anyone help explain what to do!!!??? (And I have read the instructions!! lol)
Thanks!!!
I don't have any experience with your mixer, but here are some tips:

- Do you have the gain on any value but 0? It's usually the top most knob for the channel
- Is the channel signal sent to an output group?
- If there are multiple output groups, are they sent to the Mix?
- Do your mics require phantom power? Try turning that on (remember to use an XLR-XLR if using phantom)

Also, try plugging into the other speaker input
does it work with just one speaker? are the mics definitely working (check them through a guitar amp) is it all turned on? have you got it working before?

on your PA the bottom grey knob is the level control (there doesn't seem to an independent gain) make sure that is not set to 0. the button directly above the jacks is also a gain level setting, microphones etc. have a much lower input than mp3 players so the gain is set to one of two impedences to balance tha, so try it with that button in and out (i dunno which way round it is for your system)

also make sure your main master and monitor master are not set to 0 and that you are plugged into the right output. finally - on the far right of the pa system check the power amp is turned on and that the standby isn't set as that'll mute all the channels.

EDIT: info for others this is the PA he is using http://cachepe.samedaymusic.com/media/quality,85/brand,sameday/PMX660M_big-b7b72b9ed203ae267aab4e35939652c7.jpg
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Last edited by doive at Jul 8, 2009,
Quote by doive
does it work with just one speaker? are the mics definitely working (check them through a guitar amp) is it all turned on? have you got it working before?

on your PA the bottom grey knob is the level control (there doesn't seem to an independent gain) make sure that is not set to 0. the button directly above the jacks is also a gain level setting, microphones etc. have a much lower input than mp3 players so the gain is set to one of two impedences to balance tha, so try it with that button in and out (i dunno which way round it is for your system)

also make sure your main master and monitor master are not set to 0 and that you are plugged into the right output. finally - on the far right of the pa system check the power amp is turned on and that the standby isn't set as that'll mute all the channels.

EDIT: info for others this is the PA he is using http://cachepe.samedaymusic.com/media/quality,85/brand,sameday/PMX660M_big-b7b72b9ed203ae267aab4e35939652c7.jpg

Thanks a lot everyone, it is now working!! Hoorah!

Just wondering whether someone could tell me what each of the following buttons and knobs do on it as I am very naive when it comes to PA systems!!!

Thanks a lot.
1. Monitor level - if you hook up monitors for each of the channels this controlls the volume

2. Volume of effects on the monitors

3. cant read it

4. turns on EQing on monitors

5. cant read it

6. Switches power mode for the Power Amp. So one will be stereo cutting the total power in half each going to the left and right speaker or the bridge will be one mono output with full power.

7. turns on phantom power for uhh those type of microphoens (condenser i think)
Last edited by Chaosinborn at Jul 9, 2009,