Page 1 of 2
I was wondering do people really like spiky guitars (B.C Rich)? I'm a big fan of Metal and I like Gibson V's and Explorers but I really hate the B.C. Rich style guitars, They look like a ten year old's toy power ranger sword. Anyone else agree?
Agree

It's all up to opinion. I dislike V's in some way (to the right person it looks pretty awesome), but obviously you like them.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Well, if one of those crazy fans jump on stage during your gig you could always impale them with one of the many sharp edges. Other than that those type of guitars are butt ugly imo
I like the gibson style V's, I don't like the really pointy Dean And BC rich V's, I just don't like the "Brutal Metal" guitars.
I absolutely hate the Gibson designs because they look really bland, I don't like the extreme BC Rich designs, Mockingbird is ok. And I kind of fell in love with the Razorback so yeah, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

If people didn't like them they wouldn't make them. They must be popular enough to turn a decent profit.
i like both the Gibson V and Jackson V styles. At first i just liked the Jackson V's and not the Gibson, but since i have one, i am wanting a Gibson.

I like both the extreme shapes and the less radical styles. I like DBZ guitars b/c they combine the best of both. I like the Gibson shape of the Bolero, but the subtle curves and contours as well. Same with the Cavallo. is has the Gibson V shape as well as the B.C. Rich Draco style contours, but less exaggerated.

I'm not a big fan of B.C. Rich. Some of their stuff is a little too extreme. But i do like the Draco for some reason. But since i found DBZ guitars, i like the Draco less.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Last edited by JKMV11 at Jul 8, 2009,
dude theyre awsome. but i do understand what you're on about with the b.c. rich guitars, they're slightly tacky. i personally hate les pauls, and while im not crazy about strats some are nice. spiky guitars FTW
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

Last edited by munkymanmatt at Jul 8, 2009,
I went to the BC Rich website and the ASM guitars are fine.

Oh and I like the Decaying twitter bird on their frontpage, thought that was funny.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
different strokes for different folks.

This.

I'm not going to pretend I like them but whatever, I don't care what shape someone elses guitar is.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I don't care that much either, hey if it sounds good it is good and some bands I like use (What I think are) ugly guitars but I was just wondering what the general opinion was.

One thing I will say, the Cheapo BC Rich Metal master is ugly as heck and I've never seen anyone over thirteen, or fourteen with one.
I think they're utterly ridiculous.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
I only like jacksons and esp spiky styles. also gibson explorers. dean and bc rich just look too 'brutal' and tastelessly
my personal rule is that if it has more than two pointy bits its to br00tal for me
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
I've got a off set v, a xiphos and a dean Pointy guitars are pretty fun, but I still stick with playing my superstrat guitar the most.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Personally, I'm a fan of radical shapes. I like how the Warlock's split in the middle, similar to a V, but I don't like the rest of the guitar lol. But it's all personally preference.
Its all about how tastefully the pointy-ness is. Warriors, Xiphos, and Kellys are fine (and comfortable to play!). but I ****ing despise most BC Rich models and Razorbacks.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You know what? We ARE convincing him to buy an MG Stack. I mean, who wouldn't want the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, BRUTAL DISTORTION, BRUTALLY CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, and CRUSHINGLY BRUTAL DISTORTION, with built in digital effects!?
I like guitars that have a certain purpose. In my opinion, the RR had a lot of reasoning for its shape. The lack of wood on the treble side really brings out the guitar's tone on soloing. The shape is extremely comfortable sitting down and standing up (alder's really light) while the neck's one of the most comfortable ones in existance.
I am amazed how many people like these things. I have people churning out the usual "Strats are gay" "Les Pauls suck" and they play something that looks like a warhammer figure and has crap sustain, because they play metal? I don't get it. I'm sticking to my black LP.
Personally, I find shapes like Kellys, Icemans (Icemen?), RR's and King V's all to be incredible comfortable and easy to play. I hate Dean and B.C. Rich though. Why did Mustaine sell his soul to Dean?
I liked Ibanez's old V's before they discontinued them. Were my personal fav's other than the neck (Too thin for my tastes. Strangely enough I love my JEM7V to death).

Jackson V's remain supreme over all IMO, but other than that one in particular I lost my lust for a V guitar.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
Quote by MetalHead916
Well, if one of those crazy fans jump on stage during your gig you could always impale them with one of the many sharp edges. Other than that those type of guitars are butt ugly imo

Which is why I'm renting a Warlock if I ever play somewhere that I'd feel in danger

On topic: I like the Explorers and Vs and all, but BC Rich doesn't do it for me either. The headstock makes me think I'm gonna poke my eye out as well.
Not a fan of most point guitars...Except the Explorer but they are rounded off. They still look and feel less comfy to play.

I like old school bodies. If I want flair, I'm gonna mess with the finish. Buy one of the new SGs, beat to hell a classic finish guitar (ala Frusciantes' '57 strat for example), or put my own phrase like "Get out of my head!!". Things along those lines.

Les Pauls, SGs, Teles, Strats, Gretsches...mmmm those good guitars.
I never thought I'd like pointy guitars. That was up until I found my B.C. Rich Warlock N.J. Series lightly-used in a local music store for $275, hard-case included. I just *had* to try it. She was *much* more comfortable than I'd thought, sounded great, and felt good in my hands. Besides, I knew that if I ever had to sell a guitar in a pinch, I could get more money out of her than I put in.

In general: Pointy Guitars are like Dark Beer, they're both aquired tastes.

If you want to talk about B.C. Rich guitars as weapons, check out the movie, "Dance of the Dead." It was a Ghosthouse Underground production. It's the best horror comedy I've seen since "Evil Dead 2."

Regarding guitar shapes in general, you just have to be open to appreciating them as unique. That is, I've never met a guitar I didn't like. Some of them just work better for certain things than others.
spiky guitars are good for like really heavy metal stuff cuz they fit but i would never use one personally i like les pauls and strats for sum reason, they just fell right lol
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by shredmaster12
the DBZ Bird of Prey is the pointiest, most metal guitar

http://www.dbzguitars.com/thedarkside/bird-of-prey-red.php

I saw that in GW this month. At first I was like "hmmm" but then I was like

I like pointy Vs, and Star style guitars, and don't mind Warlocks/Beasts etc, in addition to all the 'standard' guitars, except teles

And what's with all the strat-style guitars with 3-a-side headstocks lately? It just looks wrong IMO.
Carvin Tele (11/21/11 )
Epi Sheraton II
Agile AL3100
Fender MIM Strat
Squier Vintage Modified Tele
Epiphone something or other acoustic

Last.FM
Last edited by deadgearsrising at Jul 9, 2009,
Personally, I think those kinds of guitars are perfect for 80s hair metal type stuff. Especially if they're a really bright color like green, pink, or blue... too bad you only ever see them in black.
Page 1 of 2