Hi UG!

I just want opinions/experience on a Line 6 Pod XT Pro and to see if it will work for what I want

*Only used for recording guitar. Record it to my computer for further editing.
*I want multi FX to mess around with
*I want pretty good quality recordings (Not pro quality, but not tascam 4 track casette recorder quality either)

Currently I use a Tascam DP-01FX MTR. It's good, but not as versatile as computer editing and the quality is OK.

Is there anything else I would need with the Pod to get it to record and hook to my computer? Like a better soundcard or something?

Computer specs: 3.2ghz, 3gb RAM, Dual Core.

I ask about this exact Pod because I know someone that is selling theirs for $150. I was thinking about picking it up tomorrow but wanted to make sure that it would work for what I'm aiming for.

Any suggestions? And let me know if I need more info. Sorry for the noob questions.
line 6 is good for recording because of the multiple effects but i dont know about the engineering of recording
DBZ Barchetta Eminent FR
DBZ Bolero ST
DBZ Imperial FM
DBZ Venom Matte Black
Dean '79 V
Dean '79 ML
Fender Princeton Chorus
Behringer V-Tone 2/12
Asterope Cables
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Digitech Hardware Metal Distortion
^Well I've read on reviews that the distortion is crap and I don't mind. I'll use my 5150 for any dist. recordings.

I'm just wondering all it can do. Been reading up on it but still a bit confused about everything
You will need software - the Pod XT comes with riffworks but it doesn't look fantastic. For plain recording you can use Audacity, for more complicated editing etc use reaper.

For effects good luck :-D This stuff can get complicated sometimes. The Pod has it's own fx, so you can just select the sound you want and hit record. However if you want to record and add fx later, it gets a bit weird. Line6 says its easy to do, so just read the manual.
^^Ok Thanks. YEah, I was thinking of getting Reaper and learning that software. I'm already pretty familiar with Audacity, but that app is not too versatile compared to all the other ones out there.

Yeah, as long as I read the ****ing manual I should be good to go.

I wonder if I can hook a mic to it and record straight off my amp with the POD in the fx loop to avoid using the amp models and get some better distortion...
Quote by MetalHead916
^^Ok Thanks. YEah, I was thinking of getting Reaper and learning that software. I'm already pretty familiar with Audacity, but that app is not too versatile compared to all the other ones out there.

Yeah, as long as I read the ****ing manual I should be good to go.

I wonder if I can hook a mic to it and record straight off my amp with the POD in the fx loop to avoid using the amp models and get some better distortion...

I don't see the point in that, the POD was made so you don't have to mess around with interfaces and mics and such so it's a bit wasteful only using it as a multi-effect...
^Oh, I just heard that the amp models were mostly crap so I was gonna use my amp and run effects through it. Now I'm getting confused though with all the different POD models out there.

I was gonna use the POD for quiet practice sessions, recording, and effects. Now I just don't know if I need that one or if I could make do with a lower valued one such as a POD 2.0 or a PODxt
Quote by Union Of V
I don't see the point in that, the POD was made so you don't have to mess around with interfaces and mics and such so it's a bit wasteful only using it as a multi-effect...

Ahhh I'm reading more and more on these and now I know what you're saying. Damn, this should make life so much easier ... and no more positioning mics . yay