hey keeping it real simple buying a gibson i want one with APH-1 in neck and Pearly gates in bridge is there any gibson aldready with these specs ??? or do i have to buy a gibson and thn the pickups seprately ??? thanx
off the top of my head I can't think of any Gibsons (especially the popular ones like SG and LP) to come with those pups. Normally they use Burstbuckers or P90s, so I think it'll be a retrofit job for you.
Quote by necrosis1193
Somewhere in a concert hall in Sweden, you have just caused Yngwie Malmsteen physical pain. You also caused him to catch on fire.

Quote by frusciante.ve
I like that new song of theirs that goes all "peeeeeaaaas wiiiill comeeeeee toooo meeeee"

Just because you Seymour Duncan, doesn't mean you Seymour Dunshould
The Gibbons Pearly Gates R9 comes with Pearly Gates and the Slash model comes with APH-1.

To be honest, the APH-1 does not sound that much different from the 490Ts.
I don't think Gibson puts in any other brand of pickups in their guitars other than their signature models, meaning it would be much MUCH less expensive to just put in the pickups after you bought it.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Never going to find that combo as its not a well matched one really, doubt they would blend well. But if your set then buy a gibbo and pups seperate will save u some but not much money
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
I think those two would go quite well with each other- low output, PG is throaty and bright and the AP is a lot smoother. I think it would be best suited by a LP without a maple cap, like a Mahogany studio.
Quote by Roc8995
I think those two would go quite well with each other- low output, PG is throaty and bright and the AP is a lot smoother. I think it would be best suited by a LP without a maple cap, like a Mahogany studio.

Really you think so?? not saying your wrong but its nt really going to sound too great when mixed in my mind i just can imagine it giving a good middle position sound.

but i do agree with the skipping a Maple Cap
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Yes, I think they'll mix just fine. The pearly gates tends to play well with other pickups since it doesn't really get muddy when you turn the volume down, so with the LP pickup configuration the middle position 'blend' control would be the volume pot on the bridge pickup.
Since the APH is rather low output, you could leave it on full volume and then dial the PG in and out with that volume knob in the middle position. They're both lower output pickups, so there wouldn't be much of a difference in volume.

Why did you get the impression they wouldn't work well together?
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, I think they'll mix just fine. The pearly gates tends to play well with other pickups since it doesn't really get muddy when you turn the volume down, so with the LP pickup configuration the middle position 'blend' control would be the volume pot on the bridge pickup.
Since the APH is rather low output, you could leave it on full volume and then dial the PG in and out with that volume knob in the middle position. They're both lower output pickups, so there wouldn't be much of a difference in volume.

Why did you get the impression they wouldn't work well together?

just played both in different guitars and they just didnt seem like a pairing which would work, no real particular reason in general.
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by Roc8995
I'm going to disagree with this slightly, I feel like the APH-1 gets a little bit muddy in the neck of a guitar that is too dark, and in general, REALLY needs a good, clear sounding guitar to sound good in the neck. I like the bridge, but the neck is really picky imo
Last edited by al112987 at Jul 8, 2009,