What do you guys think? I just had my Boss-Me50 stolen at a gig so should I re-invest in one or buy single stomp boxes?

The main effects I use are distortion, delay, chorus and wah/volume so there were a lot of redundant effects but it was always good to have them incase.
Ummmm...go with whatever sounds best to your ears. I use both -- one rig for my cover band (POD X3 Live) and another for my "own" band (Carl Martin Quattro*).

*technically a multi-effect, but more like having the guts of four individual stompboxes (plus a loop and stereo outs) in a single box (individal buttons for each effect)
Last edited by suhraddict at Jul 8, 2009,
Buy a rack multiFX and a midi controller rack unit and footswitch and make presets for the songs you play, add a boost for solos and there you have it; a versatile setup for the stage which is easier than tap dancing around a pedal board during songs.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
If those are the only effects that you'll be using then go for single pedals. Also, the ME-50 isn't much of an "investment" when compared to the most recent processors out there (Line 6 POD X3 Live or Boss GT-10 anyone?). Now, if you're looking into experimenting a lot then save up and get a good multi effects that'll keep your pedalboard simple and gives a good decent sound.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Single stompboxes

Advantages - better sound, easier to use

Drawbacks - more complicated signal chain , you have to worry about batteries or other sources of power, they take up more space

Multiefects

Advantages - quicker sound changes , no problem with the batteries/etc, the signal chain is simplier - if something gets messy, you don't have to check every single 1 of the dozens of pedals you have, less space needed

Drawbacks - the preferences of particular effects are harder to manipulate, especially on stage, overall it's more complex

Hope it helps It basically depends on how many pedals you're using and what do you need/prefer.
Listen to my songs!

Hate Unleashed
"The song itself is simply awesome." - British Steel about Hate Unleashed
"Really good." - DarkTom666 about Hate Unleashed
A Pleasant Point

Crit for crit
A few effects = singles, lots of effects = high end multi effects. For you I'd say singles.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
Cheers, I think I'll go for seperate pedals then

If I'm gigging, would you recommend that I get a noise supressor aswell?
Quote by sbinlb
only if the pedals you give you too much feedback or if the pedals are not true bypass

Are you just talking out of your ass?

Whether a pedal is digital or analogue doesn't dictate the need for a noise suppressor. TS, a noise suppressor does exactly what it says which makes matters simple: if you have noise use one, if you don't then don't bother. Also, whoever said that individual pedals offer better sound... not true.

Although they normally do offer a more "organic/natural" (at least in distortion/od) they sometimes aren't capable of achieving some tones/noises that a multi effects can produce.

Please ppl... don't judge gear by specs but rather by what you hear.

/rant
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I use both.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by Deep*Kick
Buy a rack multiFX and a midi controller rack unit and footswitch and make presets for the songs you play, add a boost for solos and there you have it; a versatile setup for the stage which is easier than tap dancing around a pedal board during songs.

^^+1

A rack multi effect with a midi switcher would KILL a mountain of pedals.
Origonally Posted by Lauke_101
And you're right

Gibson>Moog>KJL>Homebrew 2x12

Saving 4 any one of these:
Soldano Hot Rod
Splawn (anything)
Laney GH50L
Cornford Roadhouse
Marshall JCM2000
KJL 4x12 to match KJL head
Definately single pedals.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Quote by garyd7
What do you guys think? I just had my Boss-Me50 stolen at a gig so should I re-invest in one or buy single stomp boxes?

The main effects I use are distortion, delay, chorus and wah/volume so there were a lot of redundant effects but it was always good to have them incase.

buy a multiefects, is a great option
Depends if you got the need for all the effects, or can just recreate the sound with a small number of stomp boxes.

Myself I just retired my GT10 for a DamageControl Demonizer and a Crybaby. The difference in sound is..mad.
Although you dont hear the difference until you try it "in action"
Quote by tonysand
buy a multiefects, is a great option

Quote by tonysand
buy a multiefects, is a great option, easy, usefull, try the zoom g9.2tt

Reported for spamming