Page 1 of 2
I started to think of a new shape. It was a mix of the esp EX and the SV. I thought it was genious.. until i saw the jackson KSXT.

Here's the plan i made and a pic of the jackson. almost identical! Too bad that model was discontinued...

Quote by mashizz
you should build it

definitely
"When I tried to play something and screwed up, I'd hear some other note that would come into play. Then I started trying different things to find the beauty in it."
-Dimebag Darrell
proof that your body designing quality is on par with Jackson.

I must say, quite a feat, quite a feat.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
slimy bams eh?!? they're prone to nicking other folk's designs too, these big guitar comanies. mon frere designed the ZV several years before gibson "invented" it.
Last edited by jimRH7 at Jul 8, 2009,
That's almost the same shape as the Charvel Star. You should definitely build it.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by Matt420740
I like that Jackson. Like a better Kelly

It's like a Warrior and a Kelly had sex and this is the bastard child, shunned by Jackson.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by bv310
That's almost the same shape as the Charvel Star. You should definitely build it.

I based it on that guitar. i love that shape, but i wanted something cooler

Like i said before, i'd love to build it, but im a 15 year old with almost no experience in building guitars and low on cash... maybe when im older.
Quote by BladeSlinger
It's like a Warrior and a Kelly had sex and this is the bastard child, shunned by Jackson.

lol
but the kelly star came out before the warrior.. so that's impossible. Apparently Jackson stopped making the stars because they wanted to make a more original shape (warrior).
Excuses, excuses. I'm 18, saving for college, have no access to tools, no job, and I'm in the middle of a build.

You shouldn't let that keep you down.

I had no experience when I started my one, and very little cash. See what you can scrounge, then save. It makes it more of a reward in the long run I think.

Kickass shape though, I'm usually a traditional man, but that takes the biscuit.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Also good.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by Invader Jim
So unless this is a build thread, what is the point of this thread, exactly?

idk i was bored... just to talk about the shape i guess?

EDIT:
I just found another guitar that looks exactly like it but isnt being made anymore..

http://www.bostonguitar.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/guild-x-88-flying-star.jpg
Last edited by R74NOGRADY at Jul 8, 2009,
Quote by bv310
Excuses, excuses. I'm 18, saving for college, have no access to tools, no job, and I'm in the middle of a build.

Lol the money isnt that much of a problem, i just dont have experience or tools... or wood. (lol)

the only tools i have is a dremel, a drill, some files/rasps and i think that's it!
There's an edit button, you know.

As for excuses, I'm 20, saving for college, have crap for tools, and am in the middle of a build.

So you're 0 for 2.

If this isn't a build thread, then it's useless spam. So get cracking on that build.

In all seriousness, it belongs in EG if it isn't a build.
lolzz. build it it looks cool and original anyways. Hell yeah. That white with black outline looks super sick. I say no inlays. looks real classy on ebony fb. or you can do jackson sharkfins. i also like the dinky retarded out of place dots. and it's dc'ed so build it.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
lolzz. build it it looks cool and original anyways. Hell yeah. That white with black outline looks super sick. I say no inlays. looks real classy on ebony fb. or you can do jackson sharkfins. i also like the dinky retarded out of place dots. and it's dc'ed so build it.

I will! but it will take a long time and im not starting for a long time too..
i'll start a new thread whenever i get wood and start to build it.

Im affraid it's a bit too much for a first build. I guess i'll just have to take it slowly and read up/practice before hand.
Last edited by R74NOGRADY at Jul 8, 2009,
Quote by R74NOGRADY
Lol the money isnt that much of a problem, i just dont have experience or tools... or wood. (lol)

the only tools i have is a dremel, a drill, some files/rasps and i think that's it!

Thats what I have, and I'm in the middle of a build and a refinishing project... and I'm 16.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Its Roope Latvala's guitar, but pointy
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
dean stealth dude, this shape has been done alot
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
I'm 15 and in the middle of a build.
Its called a job :O I work at Mcdonalds.
But my builds are slow cause my dad doesn't trust me with the router
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Cort AD350CE
Homemade Strat
Marshall 10CD
Behringer UV300

Dremel/Bandsaw Fund:
$0/$400
If anything it's more like a B.C. Rich Stealth.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I usually dont like these kind of shapes. But this one is very very hot!
If something is nothing it must not be something in any possible way
Quote by R74NOGRADY
Yeah, or the ironbird.

If I had an Ironbird bass.......
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
If I had an Ironbird bass.......

My friend bought a homemade iron bird type bass from a pawn shop. it's so sick!

EDIT:

I told my dad about the idea of building a custom guitar body and he said it would be cool! :O so... IM GOING TO BUILD IT!! It works out perfectly because when school starts, i have shop class first period, first semester! I'm going to try and find some wood. probably alder, because i looked on the ESP site and they seem to make all of their high quality guitars out of it. I'll make a new thread whenever i start to make progress on the build.
Last edited by R74NOGRADY at Jul 11, 2009,
hey i actually have a jackson kellystar for sale. its transparent blue with a Floyd rose tremolo and Seymour Duncan humbuckers. anyone interested??
^Take it to Gear Ads, or PM him. *reported*

Nah, Jim's a younger guy here.

Quote by R74NOGRADY
My friend bought a homemade iron bird type bass from a pawn shop. it's so sick!

EDIT:

I told my dad about the idea of building a custom guitar body and he said it would be cool! :O so... IM GOING TO BUILD IT!! It works out perfectly because when school starts, i have shop class first period, first semester! I'm going to try and find some wood. probably alder, because i looked on the ESP site and they seem to make all of their high quality guitars out of it. I'll make a new thread whenever i start to make progress on the build.

If you can avoid it, don't use alder. Your guitar will benefit from a warmer wood.
Page 1 of 2