Page 1 of 2
What your favorite CCR song? That is if you listen to them...... i barely hear any mention of them here. any way, my favorite CCR song is Green River. sometimes i wonder where rocknroll would be without this song. it would be a sad future..... thank god this song was written.
Creedence Clearwater Revival is an awesome band, even though they don't seem to get much credit around the Classic Rock Forum. My favorite CCR song is probably "Who'll Stop The Rain", but it's hard to choose just one.

Quote by blackflag49
Get M. Night Shymalan to write a film based on your story.

The Fappening

Quote by Assid Rane
I've got a Q penis.
Yeah, think about that for a sec.

Quote by On The Run
Creedence Clearwater Revival is an awesome band, even though they don't seem to get much credit around the Classic Rock Forum. My favorite CCR song is probably "Who'll Stop The Rain", but it's hard to choose just one.

yeah it is hard to choose just one..... it was a toss up for me between Green River, Up Around The Bend, and Fortunate Son.... but i still say that Green river is my fave.
i like up around the bend and i think down on the corner is relly awsome, its really catchy too
Quote by WattsyBoy97
i like up around the bend and i think down on the corner is relly awsome, its really catchy too

down on the corner is awesome, a couple of months ago i played a cover version of it at a school concert, it was no where near as good as the original, but it was good.
Quote by Acousticman1992
down on the corner is awesome, a couple of months ago i played a cover version of it at a school concert, it was no where near as good as the original, but it was good.

Nice, I love fortunate son too
Quote by Acousticman1992

That's awesome, I wish I had the chance to play at a school concert. Sadly though, my school doen't have any concerts, and if it did, most students there would hate what music I like. Classic Rock is not that popular among children anymore.
Quote by blackflag49

The Fappening

Quote by Assid Rane
I've got a Q penis.

Last edited by On The Run at Jul 8, 2009,
Quote by On The Run
That's awesome, I wish I had the chance to play at a school concert. Sadly though, my school doen't have any concerts, and if it did, most students there would hate what music I like. Classic Rock is not that populaer among children anymore.

it is so sad how true that is.....
Quote by Acousticman1992
it is so sad how true that is.....

at my school battle of the bands, out of six bands playing two songs each not one played a classic rock song, no Zeppelin, CCR, Hendrix, the only remotely older song was smells like teen spirit. that show was a disgrace
Quote by WattsyBoy97
at my school battle of the bands, out of six bands playing two songs each not one played a classic rock song, no Zeppelin, CCR, Hendrix, the only remotely older song was smells like teen spirit. that show was a disgrace

God that's sad. I think I'll be one of the last ones to be able to say hearing Crosby Stills & Nash was one of the reasons I took up the guitar
Quote by Union Of V
God that's sad. I think I'll be one of the last ones to be able to say hearing Crosby Stills & Nash was one of the reasons I took up the guitar

i love them, but yeah now everbodys gonna say they picked it up because of guitar hero and crap
Quote by WattsyBoy97
i love them, but yeah now everbodys gonna say they picked it up because of guitar hero and crap

While those games may keep some people from actually picking up a real instrument, Guitar Hero and Rock Band are not completely bad for Classic Rock. The main reason I play real guitar is beacuse of Guitar Hero. Somehow I managed to sort through all the crap on that game (Dragonforce, Slayer, Slipknot, etc.) and find the music I truly love (The Rolling Stones, The Who, ZZ Top, etc.). Just saying.

On topic, does anyone else find it amazing that CCR released such great music in the short amount of time they were together. It seems crazy after noticing how modern bands usually release an album every two years.
Quote by blackflag49

The Fappening

Quote by Assid Rane
I've got a Q penis.

Quote by On The Run
While those games may keep some people from actually picking up a real instrument, Guitar Hero and Rock Band are not completely bad for Classic Rock. The main reason I play real guitar is beacuse of Guitar Hero. Somehow I managed to sort through all the crap on that game (Dragonforce, Slayer, Slipknot, etc.) and find the music I truly love (The Rolling Stones, The Who, ZZ Top, etc.). Just saying.

Thats what im talking about i dont think its right when People start listening to music because they heard it on guitar hero, IMHO its lame.
Quote by WattsyBoy97
Thats what im talking about i dont think its right when People start listening to music because they heard it on guitar hero, IMHO its lame.

Right. It's totally lame when people start listening to music because they're introduced to it through a medium that is one of the largest promoters of guitar-based rock currently, and then enjoy it.
Quote by crimsonblood12
Right. It's totally lame when people start listening to music because they're introduced to it through a medium that is one of the largest promoters of guitar-based rock currently, and then enjoy it.

if you get introduced to the rolling stones because gimme shelter was on rock band your a fool if you say you wanna start guitar because sunshine of your love was on guitar hero your a fool, its dissapointing how poeple dont know good music until they play video games.
Quote by WattsyBoy97
if you get introduced to the rolling stones because gimme shelter was on rock band your a fool if you say you wanna start guitar because sunshine of your love was on guitar hero your a fool, its dissapointing how poeple dont know good music until they play video games.

No. If you refuse to properly capitalize your sentences, I think you're a fool. If you refuse to use the correct form of the word "You're," I think you're a fool.

If you got introduced to The Rolling Stones because Gimme Shelter was on Rock Band, you had simply never listened to The Rolling Stones before. Good, now you'll listen to The Rolling Stones.

If you wanted to start playing guitar because Sunshine of Your Love was on Guitar Hero, good for you. I'm sure Cream would be proud that their music inspired other musicians.

It's not disappointing that people don't recognize "good" music until they're introduced to it. It's logical. What is disappointing is your damned elitism about classic rock. You're a tool. Grow up.

By the way, "Good" is relative, in terms of music. I happen to not really like Cream all that much.
If you got introduced to The Rolling Stones because Gimme Shelter was on Rock Band
you're not a fool you're an idiot

It is dissapointing that they recognized said music through video games, if you dont know one of the biggest bands in music history until guitar hero was released your an idiot.

So just **** off you grammer nazi
Quote by WattsyBoy97

It is dissapointing that they recognized said music through video games, if you dont know one of the biggest bands in music history until guitar hero was released your an idiot.
I still fail to see how discovering a band through Guitar Hero or Rock Band qualifies you as an idiot. News flash: there are people who don't listen to classic rock, so that means there may be people out there who have never heard anything by The Rolling Stones.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Quote by BrainDamage
I still fail to see how discovering a band through Guitar Hero or Rock Band qualifies you as an idiot. News flash: there are people who don't listen to classic rock, so that means there may be people out there who have never heard anything by The Rolling Stones.

its the rolling stones dude, they are the biggest band in the music industry, and if you've never heard of them sinnce a video game and your at an age to know what music is good and bad your an idoit. im not hating on guitar hero i just think kids should know and get into music through something different
hey man, at least he go into them,a nd likes them, who cares, thats the sad sad thing of technology, its not like that many pre teens listen to the radio to know, I never really liked video games that much, but I got into some cool punk rock bands from early tony hawk games lol, when I used to skateboard

anyways, green river has one of my favorite guitar tones on it, my favorite ccr song will always be bad moon rising though
^^I used to love the soundtracks to the Tony Hawk games.

Quote by WattsyBoy97
its the rolling stones dude, they are the biggest band in the music industry,
I don't listen to the radio anymore, so I have no idea what bands/artists have been popular in the last few years. You can name a bunch of hugely popular bands/artists in today's music and there's a good chance I can't name a single song they've put out. Does that make me an idiot to the fans of those bands? What if I'm playing Rock Band or Guitar Hero and hear a song by a popular band I've never heard of, but I like the song, so I decide to check out the band and eventually become a fan. Am I less of a fan because I discovered the band through a video game? I got into a conversation with some friends at college about the Beatles, and we discovered that one of my friends doesn't know anything by them. The freaking Beatles. Do I think of him as an idiot because he didn't know anything by one of the most popular bands in the history of modern music until I played some songs for him? Nope.

Quote by WattsyBoy97
and your at an age to know what music is good and bad your an idoit.
At an age to know what music is good and bad? Since when is "good" and "bad" music a set in stone, clearly defined fact? I'll quote Frank Zappa on this one: "If it sounds GOOD to YOU, it's bitchin'; and if it sounds BAD to YOU, it's shitty."
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Quote by WattsyBoy97
its the rolling stones dude, they are the biggest band in the music industry, and if you've never heard of them sinnce a video game and your at an age to know what music is good and bad your an idoit. im not hating on guitar hero i just think kids should know and get into music through something different

The Rolling Stones are not, and have never been the biggest band in the music industry.

And being "big" surely doesn't make a band "good".

And I think it's great that people learn new music from video games, etc. I'm sure the new Beatles one will bring tons of new fans to their music.

Oh ya... and I love me some John Fogerty. Very underrated guitarist.
Please don't confront me with my failures. I had not forgotten them.
Quote by eberg2
hey man, at least he go into them,a nd likes them, who cares, thats the sad sad thing of technology, its not like that many pre teens listen to the radio ...

And why's that? Becuase music stations are dead. Within range of my house there are 2 stations - one plays the new dance-pop stuff, and another plays tracks from the Sinatra era. The only good radio show I have ever heard outside of France was the Alice Cooper show (I'm not joking).

Anyway, I'm sort of for Guitar Hero in that you get a wide range of music in it, even if it's all mainstream. I think it's really disrespectful to play the guitar having never listened to a Jimi Hendrix track. I'm really sick of the shredding vs rhythm attitude today, it's almost as if people view music as background noise that's nice to listen to. Part of the desensitisation of the populace, I guess.....

Maybe we need a Credence Clearwater Revival Revival??
it is amazing how far off topic this conversation has gone.it switched from CCR to school concerts(my fault) back to CCR then to this long unneccessary conversation about Guitar Hero and it impact on who listens to what, i will say i think it doesnt matter how one gets introduce to a certain group, i learned about one of the bands i sortof like now through guitar hero.....

now to get this conversation back on track, GREEN RIVER FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I started listening to CCR when I found an old box of 8-tracks. This was in the late 80s. . long after they stopped making 8-tracks. I had heard their music before, but I heard a lot of stuff they didn't play on the radio and it got me interested. I am always looking for new ways to find good music. . I mean there is so much out there, it's just not always easy to find something new(that I haven't heard before) that I can connect with. The radio always plays the same old stuff. If guitar hero introduces someone to something new then I think that's great. If it get's people interested in playing guitar then that's also great. What's "lame" is when people say "if they don't like what I like or don't know about X then they must be an idiot" I say if you like it then it's good music and if you don't like it then it might still be good music. Just enjoy it.

Green River is one of my favorites. .
yes, and even if they found music from a video game it doesn't matter because thats the same as if you watch a movie and like a song, or listen to a friends mix tape and you don't know whats on it, its just a different form, I'm against guitar hero and rock band because of how it makes guitar look, and how it sort of makes rock n roll look, its likea cheesy video game for school of rock or something, but as long as he likes the stones, or wahtever other band, those games usually have some good soundtracks

and I forgot about this song, till i went back and listened to ccr a bit, and found a song I used to play non stop

up around the bend

its catchy, the intos cool as hell, and once again the guitar tones awesome =)
Up Around the Bend is AWESOME!!!!! now can the whole guitar hero thing die, im suprised you people havent got this thread closed.... if a mod is reading this dont close, PLEASE!!!!
Love ccr, fogerty is one underrated player. The man's got some chops, plain and simple.
Long as i can see the light is probably my favorite, big fan of Susie Q since 'apocalypse now' and 'keep on chooglin' on the live albums is a must. Oh man, heard it through the grapevine, add it to the list
Last edited by pak1351 at Jul 10, 2009,
Quote by Acousticman1992
now can the whole guitar hero thing die, im suprised you people havent got this thread closed.... if a mod is reading this dont close, PLEASE!!!!

The whole argument was partly my fault. Sorry.

Quote by pak1351
Love ccr, fogerty is one underrated player. The man's got some chops, plain and simple.

Agreed.
Quote by blackflag49

The Fappening

Quote by Assid Rane
I've got a Q penis.

Last edited by On The Run at Jul 10, 2009,
I notice something new about fogerty's playing just about every time I listen to ccr, or his solo stuff, it seems really easy, but then if you really listen to it, there's a lot more going on that what you originally think, I love his guitar tones though
Quote by eberg2
I notice something new about fogerty's playing just about every time I listen to ccr, or his solo stuff, it seems really easy, but then if you really listen to it, there's a lot more going on that what you originally think, I love his guitar tones though

Definitely. It sounds real simple, but it's those country-style licks always trip me up, lots of double stops with slides and whatnot. Found I can get a very similar tone with my ampeg and tele, which is awesome.
Quote by pak1351
Definitely. It sounds real simple, but it's those country-style licks always trip me up, lots of double stops with slides and whatnot. Found I can get a very similar tone with my ampeg and tele, which is awesome.

i can play most of their riffs on an acoustic, and they sound great!!!
Up Around the Bend is probably my favorite riff ever.

Underrated CCR songs I love: Lodi, Wrote a Song for Everyone, Ramble Tamble, and Good Golly Miss Molly.

Last time Fogerty came to Atlanta, I saw him 5th row center stage. It was the most incredible and loudest experience of my life.
Please don't confront me with my failures. I had not forgotten them.
Quote by Acousticman1992
i can play most of their riffs on an acoustic, and they sound great!!!

And an eagles fan too! Nice. I don't do many double stops, so it gets a little tricky. Just something else to practice I guess.
Quote by TDMize15
Up Around the Bend is probably my favorite riff ever.

My roommate plays air guitar to that song every time it comes on. Funny stuff, because he doesn't play guitar and slides the wrong way.
people who air guitar are a little annoying.... now a entire conversation better not start on that subject

my favorite CCR riff, and possibly the easiest, is Suzie Q.... that song is awesome, and the solos are great, i wish i could play them....
Page 1 of 2