I've been having some thoughts on doing an ambient/depressive black metal solo/side project. It also contains progressive elements (e.g. changes in dynamics and altering from dark synth heavy parts to suffocating tremolos and blastbeats) Think of it as splicing the Xasthur albums "The Funeral Of Being" and "All Reflections Drained".

I'm curious as to what instrument sounds I could use, mainly for the synth.
It'll probbably have 2 synth tracks, one for fast suffocating bits and another for the ambient parts.

Advice?
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
Most synth sounds come from waveshaping and doubling sounds + fx.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
This even worse than those ridiculous "what should I play here" threads. We need to start banning people who make threads like this.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
This even worse than those ridiculous "what should I play here" threads. We need to start banning people who make threads like this.

unfortunately we can't

to TS : find your own sounds. nobody in here can tell you whats going to sound good for your music.
Advice.. Uhm.. Listen to some early Burzum (first 3 albums + Aske), and some Nortt (Even though it is abit doomy)

In my opinion, it's some of the best the Ambient Black Metal has to offer. Though there is alot more out there.

Oh.. AND! Watch some oooold zombie movies.. like, you know.. Zombie Flesh Eaters and the likes. In many of these old fines, there is a certain bassy synth-sound that you hear quite often. Personally, i love that sound and think it would be a great one to try something with. It has a dark, mysterious and demonic feel to it.

So.. watch some old horror movies, and see if you can find any cool sounds you want to use from them.
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
Last edited by Northernmight at Jul 9, 2009,
Synth strings or choir aahs
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?