Hi there

i want to buy my first guitar ever and need advice which one to choose for metal/rock that won't destroy myy budget ( up to £ 300 /350 for all ) so i would be realy gratefull for any advice .

Thanks
ibanez grg 250 you didn`t specify whether you needed a amp included in that budget but you should have enough left over for a roland cube (stay away from line 6 amps)
An Ibanez RG would fit in quite nicely into your budget.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

i dont know if a lot of people would disagree with me or not, but a squier strat starter pack would be good... everything you need to get started, guitar, amp, cable, tuner, picks, strap, gig-bag, all included...

i actually started with an ibanez starter pack - so that might be more your genre for metal
and then there's an epiphone les paul pack - also more your genres

check out those packs. then if you like guitar, after about a year you'll find that you'll want to upgrade... and then you just slowly graduate from the starter pack with a better amp first, then a better guitar, the cables with come and go, you'll get a decent tuner.. and before you know it you're touring

EDIT: and yes, like that guy said above... STAY AWAY FROM LINE 6 AMPS... guitar salesmen always try to sell those to new players because they have an "insane" channel on them with built in effects and stuff.... don't be fooled, they sound like **** as soon as you get an ear for tone
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Last edited by FightinIrishPJ at Jul 8, 2009,
peavey has quite nice starter models
Dean ML79F w/ Dimarzio X2N
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
if you want it to sound really dirty just rub some dirt on your amp...
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
i dont know if a lot of people would disagree with me or not, but a squier strat starter pack would be good... everything you need to get started, guitar, amp, cable, tuner, picks, strap, gig-bag, all included...

This is what I started with (it also came with a lesson book). I think it has been a great value so far.
thanks for all advice . i think i will go for ibanez cause a lot of people say it's good for beginers .

Many thanks
Any of the Ibanez RG EX series; RG2EX1, R3EX1, RG4EX1, RG5EX1. Great guitar. I'd say the RG2EX1 or RG3EX1 since they have a hardtail bridge, and being a beginner, the Edge III on the other models will drive you insane. Also, might I suggest a Peavey Vypyr?
Yamaha Pacifica 112 + Roland Cube
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
avoid starter packs. You have a pretty decent budget and can do a LOT better than a starter pack.

For the amp, a roland cube 30x would be cool, or a microcube if you can't stretch to the 30x. The 15 and 20 watt versions aren't as good as they don't have the amp models (which you want for versatility). The Peavey Vypyr might be worth a try too, but I haven't been able to try them yet. You basically most likely want to get a modeller which is aimed at high gain/metal styles.

For the guitar, the yamaha pacifica 112v is very nice, as long as you like the looks- it might not look metal enough for you. That won't affect how it plays or sounds, but if you want something which looks a little more "metal", an ibanez rg321 (avoid the RGs with tremolos at that price, the trems on them are terrible) or maybe a lag jet 200 (I've seen them advertised for a lot less than their RRP, they're nice guitars) or maybe roxanne 200 would be cool, if you can find one to try. You might have to buy online to get a good deal, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
MIM Strat + Roland Cube
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
MIM strat's pushing it over here for that budget, the guitar alone is likely to be over budget. Plus a (non-fat) strat wouldn't be my choice for metal, anyway.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
MIM strat's pushing it over here for that budget, the guitar alone is likely to be over budget. Plus a (non-fat) strat wouldn't be my choice for metal, anyway.

sorry, should have specified Used. I see them go for <$250 on my local craigslist. leaving enough left over for a decent amp. but you are right about the sss standard config for metal, its not that great.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
yeah, but that's the used price in the states- considering the new price is so much higher here, the used price is going to be similarly high. It might just sneak under budget (used), but it might not.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?