used searchbar, found nothing! could someone explain this to me perfectly? please!
ya i know but i don't actually know how to place the fingers, for exampel ride the lightning, that spider chord part is it

1st finger on 7th fret A string, 3rd finger on 9th fret D string, then 2nd finger on 8th fret E string and 4th finger on 10th fret A string ??
That's one version of it. You could do it with any power chords on 2 adjacent strings and frets. So you could play a C power chord on the A string and then an F# power chord on the E string, or any variation you want.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Last edited by Junior#1 at Jul 8, 2009,
Look at it this way:

Say your playing a power chord (say A for example) with your index on the 5th fret of the low E string and your ring (or 3rd finger as some people call it) finger barring the 7th fret of the A and D strings. A spider chord would be using your middle finger to play the 6th fret of the A string and your pinky to bar the 8th fret of the D and G strings. The purpose of the spider chord is that you dont need to move all over the place when switching power chords fast.

Switching between those chords is a good way to learn how to become efficient with the spider chord technique. I know Mustaine says he uses that on Wake Up Dead.
"Music is my religion." - Jimi Hendrix

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
ESP LTD Alexi-600
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Other Gear:
Carvin V3 amp head
Marshall MG15DFX
Digitech RP250 pedal
okay. Most of us play a traditional power chord with our first and third fingers. "Spider chords" are used to switch between adjacent power chords, fretting the second chord with your second and fourth fingers. for instance:

Top three strings (ead)

|------------|
|-5-6--------|
|-3-4--------|

play the third fret with index, 4th with middle, 5th with ring, 6th with pinky.
Quote by pjuckazz
ya i know but i don't actually know how to place the fingers, for exampel ride the lightning, that spider chord part is it

1st finger on 7th fret A string, 3rd finger on 9th fret D string, then 2nd finger on 8th fret E string and 4th finger on 10th fret A string ??

got it !
thanks alot man ~