Are you looking to record your band’s first EP or full-length album at an affordable price? Here at Basement Records we fulfill that need. Music is a wonderful thing and should be shared with people all over the world. We understand that in today’s society, it is difficult for a band to be successful without an EP. At today’s studio prices, that success falls even shorter than it already is. At Basement Records, a band can record a demo or full CD at an easy affordable price!

SERVICES OFFERED

Audio Recording
Just as the name implies…you come here and record. We have plenty of equipment for artists to use, but feel free to bring your own equipment to get your specific sound.

Mobile Recording
Most of our equipment is fairly mobile and can be setup anywhere. If absolutely needed, we can offer our services without even leaving the comfort of your own home! We bring our stuff to your house or a specific place you may think will make your songs sound the best and record right there!

Record Live Performances
With the use of a laptop and a portable recording interface, anything is possible. Depending on the situation, we can easily come to a band’s show, plug in, and record your live performance!

EQing
Already have tracks recorded but they don’t sound as good as you would have hoped? Give them to us and we will EQ them as best as we can so you can continue with your mixing and mastering!

“The Sound Guy”
Through the years we have learned a lot about live sound and PA systems through experience and study. If you need someone to run your soundboard we can do it!

EQUIPMENT

Recording:
All of our recordings are done using modern technology, most of which is currently used in the industry today. All instruments are run into a PreSonus Firestudio Project Recording Interface. This interface is equipped with 8 inputs (with phantom power), each using Class A XMAX mic preamps for high quality recordings. Along with the inputs, the Firestudio also has many outputs too. Our outputs are routed to two different things. One of which is our Behringer headphone amp. This headphone amp is capable of using 4-8 headphones at once to ensure that each member of the band recording can hear what they are playing. Another output is routed from the main outs to two KRK Rokit monitors, which is where we monitor the recordings being done. By utilizing the Firestudio, a full band can be recorded at once (depending on how many inputs are needed) if time is critical.

Mics:
Microphones are an important part of getting a recording sounding great. Although, unfortunately, we do not have microphones that cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars we do have a variety of mics that do the job well: Shure SM-57s, Shure SM-58s, Shure Beta 52A, MXL 990, Audio-Technica AT2020, and a few other random old ones.

Musical Instruments:
With our musical background, we assure you that there are extra instruments laying around if one is needed. We have a Pearl Export 5-piece drum set available including A Custom Cymbals, double bass pedal, Mike Portnoy Snare, roto-toms, and other percussion instruments. If a guitar is needed we have a wide variety of guitars at our disposal including: OLP John Petrucci Signature, Fender Standard Strat, Schecter C-1 FR, Washburn 7-string, Epiphone Les Paul, Fender Bullet, Yamaha RGS121, Fender acoustic, Taylor 314ce. Other instruments we can provide: Ibanez SG 5-string bass, OLP 4-string bass, keyboard, a variety of pedals such as PODxt, Boss EQ, Ibanez DS9X, Boss DS-1, Boss Bass OD. Wait…you can’t play nasty guitar licks without amps right? Here are some amps we can provide if needed: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Crate 120, Fender Frontman 25R, Drive guitar amp, Acoustic bass half stack.

***Please note that we do have the right to refuse the usage of these instruments, as they are our personal belongings. Also please note that if any sort of damage is to occur while using these instruments to record that you will be held responsible and will be charged for the repairs!!! This could include something as small as breaking strings or a drumhead to something as big as cracking a guitar!!!***

PRICES/HOURS

Hours of operation
We will try our very best to be as open and available as possible. Our hours of operation are as follows depending on our schedules:

Monday-Thursday: 9:00AM – 9:00PM
Friday-Saturday: 9:00AM – 10:00PM
Sunday: - 10:00AM – 7:00PM

***Please call and make sure we are available for a session!***

Audio Recording
Hourly rate: $20 per hour

Mobile Recording
Hourly rate: $25 per hour
Travel rate: $1 x miles traveled

Recording Live Performances
Hourly rate: $10 per hour

EQing
Rate per song: $10

"The Sound Guy"
Hourly rate: $10

***Prices may vary depending on the job***

CONTACT INFO

To reach us, please use the information below. We will try to get back to you as soon as possible!

Email: anthsband@yahoo.com

Phone: (724)-875-7615
Quote by anthsband

EQing
Already have tracks recorded but they don’t sound as good as you would have hoped? Give them to us and we will EQ them as best as we can so you can continue with your mixing and mastering!

just to point out that this particular section looks _really_ shady.
i mean, "EQing"? shouldn't this be "Mixing"? for 10 bucks an hour i'd sure hope you'd do more than just EQ.
Quote by TheDriller
just to point out that this particular section looks _really_ shady.
i mean, "EQing"? shouldn't this be "Mixing"? for 10 bucks an hour i'd sure hope you'd do more than just EQ.

I was just about to point that out. How can you EQ without knowing what else is going to happen in the mixing process? Bass and kick drum in center are EQ'd completely differently from bass in right and kick in centre for example....
Yeah I guess I should change how that's worded. Thanks for pointing that out. And I think $20 an hour is a very good price considering with the stuff I have and my skills I can make a pretty good sounding recording (quality of the song does depend on the equipment being used to an extent) plus the cheapest hourly rate of a studio around here is about $35-40 an hour so I mean I'm not rippin anybody off but at the same time I can't be EXTREMELY cheap too ya know? If I hear any feedback from local musicians I know about the price maybe I'll change it but for now it's staying.

Catharsis...you're making it sound like I don't have up to par stuff but you have basically the same stuff haha We both have an interface that's basically almost the same and both use a couple 57s/58s and other random mics? haha

As of right now I'm in the process of recording my own music and also my brothers band so I can have some samples to show people. I've always known a lot about recording but have never had good equipment. I just got this new stuff about a month ago and have been very busy since then and haven't had time to do a lot with it but I will have samples soon!

Anyway....the whole reason for posting this was to show people that I'm out there. I know the chances of somebody on this forum lives in my area are slim to none but it's better to post it just in case.
Last edited by anthsband at Jul 8, 2009,
Quote by anthsband
Yeah I guess I should change how that's worded. Thanks for pointing that out. And I think $20 an hour is a very good price considering with the stuff I have and my skills I can make a pretty good sounding recording (quality of the song does depend on the equipment being used to an extent) plus the cheapest hourly rate of a studio around here is about $35-40 an hour so I mean I'm not rippin anybody off but at the same time I can't be EXTREMELY cheap too ya know? If I hear any feedback from local musicians I know about the price maybe I'll change it but for now it's staying.

Catharsis...you're making it sound like I don't have up to par stuff but you have basically the same stuff haha We both have an interface that's basically almost the same and both use a couple 57s/58s and other random mics? haha

As of right now I'm in the process of recording my own music and also my brothers band so I can have some samples to show people. I've always known a lot about recording but have never had good equipment. I just got this new stuff about a month ago and have been very busy since then and haven't had time to do a lot with it but I will have samples soon!

Anyway....the whole reason for posting this was to show people that I'm out there. I know the chances of somebody on this forum lives in my area are slim to none but it's better to post it just in case.

Catharsis got skills though. Show us your skills.

It's not the gear, its the man operating it. Though you already knew that..right?
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Quote by willieturnip
It's not the gear, its the man operating it. Though you already knew that..right?

+1 Just look at The Prodigy :p