.bas is a project a friend and I have been working on. Looking for feedback. First break in nine is still being worked on and Dreamstate/Visions/War is unfinished. Just posting to get critiques so far.

They're mixed for my speaker setup, so you may have to adjust your treble/bass until we finalize the tracks.

*New songs added* - The-anti and elongation are older songs we had recorded. Not quite as satisfying as our newer ones, but I figured I'd share them anyways while we're finishing up the remaining tracks for Airors.

.bas - the-anti

.bas - nine
.bas - Dreamstate/Visions/War
Last edited by BChill at Jul 11, 2009,
Dreamstate... This is very good... old Aphex/BoC vibe... also gives me excellent memories of a game called Phantasy Star Online Episode Three. I can hear a little bit of everything in there as far as musical influence. Speaking of hearing everything, the mix sounds great and each sound has a good texture, except sometimes I wish the snare were a bit different, though I couldn't tell you how. I like how it's very fluid but the three sections are defined still.

nine... old Aphex vibe still, but more of Autechre feeling from the way the FM synth is used. I happen to love Autechre. This fits right in with my music collection. Why are you just on a UG account? You should have a myspace, I'd hope you could get more exposure on Myspace. I mean if that's not what you're going for that's cool but I think there's a sizable crowd (scattered over land) to enjoy this. I enjoy it.

You could totally make music for professional published video games.
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Quote by derekgray
Dreamstate... This is very good... old Aphex/BoC vibe... also gives me excellent memories of a game called Phantasy Star Online Episode Three. I can hear a little bit of everything in there as far as musical influence. Speaking of hearing everything, the mix sounds great and each sound has a good texture, except sometimes I wish the snare were a bit different, though I couldn't tell you how. I like how it's very fluid but the three sections are defined still.

nine... old Aphex vibe still, but more of Autechre feeling from the way the FM synth is used. I happen to love Autechre. This fits right in with my music collection. Why are you just on a UG account? You should have a myspace, I'd hope you could get more exposure on Myspace. I mean if that's not what you're going for that's cool but I think there's a sizable crowd (scattered over land) to enjoy this. I enjoy it.

You could totally make music for professional published video games.

Thanks a lot, man. We're working on finishing up about 9 more tracks we've started and then I think we're going to post them to our website. These two aren't nearly my favorite of them, but it does give you an idea of the versatility we strive for with our sound.
Two new songs added.
Last edited by BChill at Jul 10, 2009,
i actually really like these tracks. You have lots of cool progressions,rhythms, and sounds. You could easily make movie soundtracks, as a lot of action movie music has this style of music in the background (except at times more active and a harder dynamic) i always like adding small synth parts to my song or even orchestral parts, they can make a song huge and give a cool ambience. Funny thing is most people dont even know what it is. So i actually really like these tracks, personally fave is dream state. heres the link to my song.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20679871#post20679871
Meh,listening to the-anti right now,and before I even finish,i just have to say JESUS,the time it must've took to come up with all the different progressions,you're either a genius or a lucky son of a gun. I always tell myself I'm going to do something like this,but I never have the patience. So A for Effort before I even finish.

EDIT:

Great song,when critiquing songs like this its more of a matter of taste,unless we get into the brightness of synths,and use of materials,atleast thats how it is IMO. I think the stops in nine are amazing and fluid,my only actual criticism would be to mix up the pads,just for a few little daring moments,but even thats just me TRYING to be constructive,the track really is beautiful. As for the-anti,I think its much more technically proficient over nine,the different segments are great,(Although the transitions seem abrupt,is that on purpose?) But i still prefer nine over it,the-anti seems like a piece to a movie,while nine doesn't feel like a song at all,almost like what it feel like in someones brain.

hope this helps!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1159721
And if you don't mind,feel free to crit back!

Cheers!
Last edited by Sami Philadelph at Jul 10, 2009,
Ok so since I haven't heard any of this stuff before. Imma just listen to all the songs on your profile.
Oh dude, you greatly underestimated me. I listen to, oerformf and apreaciate all music. Just my little special quality :P. This stuff is no exception.

Nine.
All I'm wondering so far is what gear you're using here. I remember doing something like this in fruity-lopps haha but I asume you're using IRL gear?
There's nothing much to say about it other than it's all really great.

Dreamstate.
Now this one I'm liking more than Nine More musical qualities here.
Ok wow. I ****ing love this ****. The part at round 1:34ish is so amazing.
This just gets better all the time.
This reminds me of music that they would have on a news channel while running some sort of credits after a war report or something haha.

So yeah I'm listening to the other two tracks as well but feel that I don't have much more to say other than that it's very well performed and written stuff(which is slightly rare for this kinda music).
Keep it going like this cause this **** is awesome.
I was interested, i usually don't listen to this kind of music, but now i might start. good job man!
Thanks for the comments.. Keep checking back. We've finished a few tracks and are going to upload them once we have a few more.