Hey guys, just recorded a song called Rain and it's on the myspace here:

www.myspace.com/hotfuzzaudio

All the guitars and bass are DI, bass is ampeg SVX and the guitars are solo c. I'm not sure how I feel about the guitars, they sound pretty thin and harsh.

The drums are of course midi, EZdrummer, I think this song would sound pretty badass with real drums.

Was just looking for critiques on sound, mix, anything, I don't get hurt to easily so tell me what you really think so I can work on it!

Thanks & Godbless.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I've a feeling you stuck to presets on that track ;-) While it works amazingly well, that metallic drum clashes a bit with the rest of the instruments... I might be listening too hard though. Not professionally mixed obviously but as good a mix as I could do. Good track, no obvious flaws.
Quote by Union Of V
I've a feeling you stuck to presets on that track ;-) While it works amazingly well, that metallic drum clashes a bit with the rest of the instruments... I might be listening too hard though. Not professionally mixed obviously but as good a mix as I could do. Good track, no obvious flaws.

Yeah I noticed that quite a bit. Is there a way to get EZdrummer sounding a bit less realistic?

Thanks for the input.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Quote by tr3nt
Yeah I noticed that quite a bit. Is there a way to get EZdrummer sounding a bit less realistic?

Thanks for the input.

I thinks its a pretty good mix, i would either add some bass to the bass or up the volume. and i think the drums need to go up in the mix as all i hear is just the snare. maybe lower the other components and up the over all vol on the track. lol thats the first time ive heard someone asking how to make a drum sampler less realistic. Anyways i dont really know how to do that as i have superiror drummer 2.0 and havent really been able to use it to full capibilities as i need to get some more ram for my laptop. pretty good mix. what mike are you using for vocals as they sound really good (melodically and audio wise )
Quote by MetalBass 77
I thinks its a pretty good mix, i would either add some bass to the bass or up the volume. and i think the drums need to go up in the mix as all i hear is just the snare. maybe lower the other components and up the over all vol on the track. lol thats the first time ive heard someone asking how to make a drum sampler less realistic. Anyways i dont really know how to do that as i have superiror drummer 2.0 and havent really been able to use it to full capibilities as i need to get some more ram for my laptop. pretty good mix. what mike are you using for vocals as they sound really good (melodically and audio wise )

Well the drums just sound so robotic =\ haha. Oh well, I'll have to do some research.
Vocals are with a Audio Technica 3035, AMAZING low budget vocal/condenser mic. I got some inside hookups with someone and he sent me a vocal chain ;D, it's just got some compression and reverb.

Quote by tr3nt

Haven't used EZdrummer before tbh. I'm sure you can drop in a different sound if you want. Myself I use Waldorf Attack for drums (matching keyboard rig and drum machine of course ) but that's probably too unrealistic.
I re did the drums!!!

A friend helped me out with it, snare is also different.

I think the hi hat sounds 10x more realistic, but still not real =( lol.

Quote by tr3nt
I re did the drums!!!

A friend helped me out with it, snare is also different.

I think the hi hat sounds 10x more realistic, but still not real =( lol.

Awesome mix. Didn't hear the original version but that wasn't too bad at all. Are you still using EZDrummer for the drum track?
Yep i am, thanks!

Quote by CatharsisStudio
hey trent can you send me the preset hahah sounds good man

haha, you're the boss.