So... last night instead of sleeping I decided to stay up and play my electric some more.
I plugged it in at 3 in the morning for a while and continued to play and then went downstairs for a break a 4:30 for a drink. When I came back upstairs at 5 I plug in my electric again and I was blown away. I've only been playing almost a year but it sounded and felt as if I had been playing another 2 years. The fretboard felt so accessible and I was getting no unwanted noise or notes as I played with distortion (full gain) on. Then I put on some delay and everything sounded so beautiful and smooth to my ears and my fingers wouldn't twitch at all like they do sometimes after playing long. I played for 3 hours straight not even thinking about everything else. I started to play my favorite songs (Wish you were here, Anna Molly, Hypnotize, My Curse, etc.) and they sounded so much more musical. Then at 8 being physically exhausted I decided to go to sleep. When I woke up again my technique was back to where it used to be. And I was sad. I wanna play like that again. Why was it a one time thing? Any thoughts or similar experiences?
Maybe you were just amazingly tired?
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
This sort of thing ahppens to everyone every now and again, it's like a little epiphany moment but as you keep getting better these moments become longer and more frequent until that's just how good you are and the little moments of brilliance are even better than that.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
after you play for a long period, you automatically fell much much better and you were prob so tired so you played very loose
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
I think instead of a drink you had a Potion of +5 guitar. Its happened to me a few times and thats always the cause.
I am an officially ordained Dudist Priest.

"Human beings are miraculous for their ability to learn and adapt from their mistakes, but even more so for their apparent disinclination to do so." Douglas Adams
This sort of thing ahppens to everyone every now and again, it's like a little epiphany moment but as you keep getting better these moments become longer and more frequent until that's just how good you are and the little moments of brilliance are even better than that.

this dude is right.
It might be the loose thing. My fingers were feeling very VERY light. They would barely touch the strings and it took no physical effort AT ALL. I was lovin' it hehe. I'm pretty sure I was not tired as I brought drinks upstairs and in 4 hours drank basically a whole carton of sugary fruit punch lol It was really noticeable when I started doing sweeping. I was playing the beginning of Bleeding mascara by Atreyu and I didnt get any of the usual picking hand hiccups when I try sweeping. I think I need to try to keep it really loose like that from now on. I tried again this morning but it was pretty hard =/
then just play relaxed, obviously you were playing well from the sounds of it being relaxed.

i dont know much about drugs but mabye they make you feel better xD
"Been Dazed And Confused For So0 LoNg ItZ n0T Tru3"

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
its called muscle memory..you warmed up, took a break and basically your hands remembered what your were doing before..its very technical and i dont understand it so i just pulled this off the web
Muscle memory can best be described as a type of movement with which the muscles become familiar over time. For instance, newborns don’t have muscle memory for activities like crawling, scooting or walking. The only way for the muscles to become accustomed to these activities is for the baby to learn how to do these things and then practice them with a great deal of trial and error. Gradually, as the baby becomes a skilled walker, he falls less, is able to balance, and finally is able to incorporate other activities into his life such as running.

Although the precise mechanism of muscle memory is unknown, what is theorized is that anyone learning a new activity, or practicing an old one has significant brain activity during this time. The walking child is gradually building neural pathways that will give the muscles a sense of muscle memory. In other words, even without thinking, the child is soon able to walk, and the muscles are completely accustomed to this process. The child doesn’t have to tell the body to walk; the body just knows how to do it, largely because neurons communicate with the muscles and say, “walk now.”

Muscle memory thus becomes an unconscious process. The muscles grow accustomed to certain types of movement. This is extremely important in different types of training for sports. The more often you do a certain activity, the more likely you are to do it as needed, when needed. If you’ve kicked thousands of field goals, exercise physiologists assume that the likelihood of being able to kick one during an American football game is pretty good through muscle memory. You don’t have to think, “I need to make this kick.” Your body already knows how to do it.

This is one of the reasons that with many activities that involve the body’s muscles, like playing an instrument, learning appropriate technique is always stressed. You want your muscle memory to reflect the correct way to do things, not the incorrect way. Your muscle memory can actually play against you if you’ve constantly been practicing something the wrong way.

Music teachers often make this contention. It’s a lot harder to teach someone who’s been playing an instrument for a few years because the first step is breaking them of all the bad habits they’ve acquired, which are now part of the muscle memory. Similarly, if you learn to bat, throw, kick or pitch wrong, your muscle memory has to be overcome, and new neural pathways formed to be a better athlete.

Most top level athletes and performers in a variety of fields believe that muscle memory is best developed when the same activities are practiced over and over again, with any corrections of form that are needed. Continual practice may mean you can make that perfect golf swing every single time (or almost), or hit a high note every time if you’re a singer.

It does appear though, that despite practice, attitude can interfere with muscle memory. Nerves can lead to clenched muscles that can’t quite perform, as they would probably do if you weren’t thinking about it. A sense of being unable to perform as you would wish may also affect muscle memory. The processes are still complex, and the “confidence factor” needs to be taken into account in future studies on muscle memory.
Maybe you found one of these?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Maybe you found one of these?

XD Best pick ever. Though I think I kept the emotion as I think Incubus is VERY emotional and creative =P. I actually have an orange pick that resembles that lol but its too light for my taste and rarely sees use except for slow chord strumming.

Hmm...
I guess this means maybe my normal practice time isn't enough maybe? I normally just do a few exercises for 30 minutes and then after that just start weaving in and out of songs that I've been learning which normally goes on for another hour or two. I think my technique is overall normally good except for some hiccups of either hand and I do practice whatever i made a mistake on again.

One thing that always bothers me though is that when I play anything technical in the higher notes its hard to do it cause of well.... having a mexi strat. That huge bolt-on block is kinda unbearable but It's what I started on and it's probably gonna be like that for a long time D=
It's kind of funny because something similar happened this morning for me as well. I was tossing around and couldn't sleep so I got up at around 4am and started playing. I was too tired to really think about anything else aside just playing and I noticed my movements were a lot more precise and I was able to play quicker with less tension.

It made me wonder also and I deliberated for a while and came to the conclusion that I was so tired that I didn't have the energy to be tense or mental capacity to think of anything aside playing, no day dreaming or drifting off or thinking about what's for dinner etc etc.

It honestly opened my eyes at how important it is to loosen up, turn off your brain and just play. I think I'm going to have to play half asleep more often. Although I'm not sure how my neighbours are going to take to my late night sessions of cranked distortion and delay noodling.
You gotta put your faith in a loud guitar.
It has happened to me too, i was once playing and suddenly it just felt and sounded better Maybe I just got so focused for a while that i could play better. To me it didn't happen at night tho.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I just Google "Elephant penis", and was strangely aroused.

Apparently, I'm a good shitter

Quote by TomusAM
jonne.i just took the best dump I ever seen
I have this happen to me every once in a while. It's suddenly like you can pull off anything lick you want or whatever. Strange, but real cool when it happens. Zaphod pretty much summed it up well.
Sometimes I will have this happen for me too. Sometimes it is so strong that I "lose" hours at a time - literally look at the clock and it is 2:50am, and it was 1:30 5 minutes ago.

I think it has to do with your mind being in a different more creative state in the early morning hours. You play better because your conscious mind isn't getting in the way of what your fingers already know.

You can't really force it. The only way I've found to make this happen more during regular practice is at the beginning of my practice take 5 minutes to make sure I'm really relaxed. Stretch, breath deep, focus on stepping away from all the mental noise of the day.