i have a crappy electric guitar and im thinking that it would make it alittle better if i just put a good set of strings on it so im wondering wut kind of strings should i put on it?im looking for something under 60 dollars
You can buy any set of strings really, ernie ball slinkys and DRs are the popular brands also elixirs, but they arent for everyone as they feel quite wierd

Theres no "best" strings, its all personal opinion. I went from fender bullets to elixirs to standard slinkys and now on beefy slinkys. Just try them out for yourself.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
O.O you can buy strings over $60???
Quote by Zugunruhe
for some reason this post makes me suspect theres something horribly wrong with you.

not that thats a bad thing...

...dont kill me.
you can get a decent pack of strings for like 10-20$. try d'addarios or ernie balls.
Elixir 9s. Ernie Balls rust too quickly imo.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Ernie Ball Super Slinkys are good
Equipment

Piece of shit Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr 15

GAS
Vintage V100
Orange Micro Crush
Vox wah pedal
Epiphone Valve Jr
Id test out the Elixers. I swear by them.

But you need to change your strings every three to six months anyway. So test out some different kinds! Dont just stick with 1 brand.

Try Ernie ball slinkys. People love them. Also Elixers, and Dunlop Strings. Just try different kinds untill you find whats right for you!!
Quote by nickdohle
Id test out the Elixers. I swear by them.

But you need to change your strings every three to six months anyway. So test out some different kinds! Dont just stick with 1 brand.

Try Ernie ball slinkys. People love them. Also Elixers, and Dunlop Strings. Just try different kinds untill you find whats right for you!!

3-6 months? Most people change them every month if they play a lot. Elixirs last a couple of months though.
Most strings start to loose their tone after a month or two.
I like D'Addario EXL110's, but Ernie Ball Slinkies are good too.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by littlephil
3-6 months? Most people change them every month if they play a lot. Elixirs last a couple of months though.
Most strings start to loose their tone after a month or two.

Well, i only use elixers so i change them about every 4 months.....
Quote by TheLetheProject
I just bought some D'Addario EXL110's and they are really nice.

Daddarios .10s FTW
My Gear (prepare to be amazed)

Squire Affinity Strat HSS

Yamaha FD02

Fender Bullet 150 DSP amp
different brands of strings really arent gonna do much (gauges are a different story entirely). also, with a $60 set of strings, every time you break one you are loosing $10. if you are like me that would turn out to be very pricey.
$60 strings thats worth more than my strat
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
Quote by nickdohle
Id test out the Elixirs. I swear by them.

Try Ernie ball slinkys. People love them. Also Elixirs, and Dunlop Strings. Just try different kinds untill you find whats right for you!!

if you're going to swear by Elixir strings at least spell their name correctly anyway go and use elixir strings they are win.
DR, Tite-Fit or Blues, I like 'em in 10's.

And even 24k gold strings are only 40 bucks or so.

I go through a pack every year or so when I'm feeling spendy, they're actually pretty cool.
Last for 4 months or so, compared to 1 month from Elixirs and about 2 weeks for regulars.
Go for Ernie Ball Regular Slinky's.

I swear by them.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
You could probably get some strings coated in gold and they would eat up your £60 (used to make them cause gold does not rust)
Quote by azn_guitarist25
if you're going to swear by Elixir strings at least spell their name correctly anyway go and use elixir strings they are win.

Yea i deserved that one...
I love the sound of Ernie Ball Slinkys. I had to stop using them tho, my supersweat made fast work of them