Advice on buying new guitar

Hi, i'm Sinéad and I'd like to ask your opinion on a guitar I have my eye on in my local music shop. I'm a intermedate player, starting to get better and more serious about playing. Ye here'd know a lot more than me bout what I'm looking for than I would!

Ok so this is the guitar, its an 1082 Indie Shape Black Standard
Its the
http://www.indieguitars.com/guitarshop/erol.html#583X667
(I'm geting it for €435 btw not £448, not always cheaper online)

My question is that i'd like to play in the style of the likes of Muse and other space-rock sounding bands. I'm getting a fuzz factory when i've saved up enough again, but i'm wondering if this LP style is the wrong style to be looking at?

Thanks so much for the help, much appreciated
Last edited by whatsername24 at Jul 8, 2009,
thats not a LP style for one

have you played it? if not, then you better go out and try before you buy

dont limit yourself to 1 guitar, there are a lot out there and you need to try a few to see what style suits your preference

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
The guitar shape does not matter that much, It comes down to what pickups you have, and of course which amp and pedals you use.
Quote by Tyler Durden
thats not a LP style for one

have you played it? if not, then you better go out and try before you buy

dont limit yourself to 1 guitar, there are a lot out there and you need to try a few to see what style suits your preference

Yeah I have, this one was my favourite of the ones i tried in the shop. Aswell as being my favourite aesthetically, I found it really easy to play and good response, didnt need much to get good sound. I really need a new one (my current one is only borrowed and doesnt hold tone anymore) and i've been saving for ages so I really want to make sure that i get the guitar i need to keep progressing in the style i want!

Again, thanks for all the help