I'm just starting to get into guitar so I can record/develop my own crazy stuff (mainly for rhythm, don't plan on shredding leads) and could use a little direction. I'm not totally clueless (expert on bass/bass gear) just need some tips.

When I look into guitars there are like a million models spanning decades of product development with tons of crazy specs. I don't know anything about guitar pickups, etc, and probably couldnt spot a good deal (which is what I am looking for... will go on used market, f* GC and other retail vendors) if I saw one.

This is what I am looking for-

6-string that would sound good/could be setup for c#/drop B tuning.

7-string in standard

Price range $300-600 on used market.

I picked up an old school Randall Pro-tube 1000 II head (50w tube with JJ's E34L's in the power section) and dream of a fairly grindy midrange tone. Fav tones being LoG - Ashes of the Wake, Gorjia - From Mars to Sirius, Meshuggah - Chaosphere, Catch 33.
I can´t tell what that is in the picture well enough to tell you if it is a deal or not.
Schecter C1 classic? Maybe?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
That´s what I was thinking too, mainly because of the pickups and the neck inlays.

EDIT: It has the same knob and swith layout too. I think that may be what it is...

We think that this is what you see on CL:

How much is it listed for?
Last edited by Vlasco at Jul 8, 2009,
C-1 goes for 850€ or so here, I forget how much in the US. $400 does not sound like too bad a price. If you can haggle him down I would say it is a great bargain. Most metal players on this site would say that Schecters are great guitars.
If looking for a good deal on any merchandise go to musicians friend you can sometimes buy new guitars and other stuff in the 300-600 price range i would check that out first.
Quote by Vlasco
Most metal players on this site would say that Schecters are great guitars.

I wouldn't.

I would say to go for an LTD. They have great value.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
FYI...A guitar doesn't make you metal.
The music you play with that guitar makes you metal.

So pick which ever guitar it is that YOU like.
Quote by srob7001
FYI...A guitar doesn't make you metal.
The music you play with that guitar makes you metal.

Fair enough... I dont see myself (or anyone else) playing Slipknot with a Telecaster or a hollow body Not to say it isn't possible. In addition to skills, the appropriate tool can help.
Quote by King_Saq
Fair enough... I dont see myself (or anyone else) playing Slipknot with a Telecaster or a hollow body Not to say it isn't possible. In addition to skills, the appropriate tool can help.

Jim Root of Slipknot uses a Tele. Gay? Yes!
Quote by YourDad
I wouldn't.

I would say to go for an LTD. They have great value.

Thus most. I don´t like Schecters either, but I see why people like them. They just don´t have the feel I like personally.