I've recently started a new band where I've been writing the songs and recording them in FruityLoops and, of course, I've got carried away with synth an' all, with no regard to playing this stuff live!

So, we've got some AWESOME gigs coming up, but things are sounding flat in rehearsal without the synths, so I'm wondering- is it possible with the Boss Loop Station to put synth samples from my laptop onto the pedal and trigger them as and when they're needed?

Thanks!
Last edited by Aidy Damage at Jul 8, 2009,
Possible? Yes. Simple, intuitive, and hassle-free? Oh, god no.

Which one you talking about the stompbox or the dualie?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by michal23
Can't you play the synths from your laptop into the PA?

This will probably be your best bet if you need something quick.

In the long run, I think you can do what you want with the loop station, but I believe you would have to manually turn a knob to change which pre set you want.
I'm talking about the RC-50- with all the pedals... I'd play them from my laptop, but it lags and I'd have to stop and click during the song- not convenient.
Quote by Aidy Damage
I'm talking about the RC-50- with all the pedals... I'd play them from my laptop, but it lags and I'd have to stop and click during the song- not convenient.

If that's the massive one with half a dozen or so pedals, then I've seen bands use them live (The Joy Formidable, for example) for playing synth parts and whatnot.

No experience doing it myself - my band is very much just a turn up and make noise in a shed affair at this stage - but I've definitely seen it.
Any of your recordings up anywhere? I'm curious.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
It probably won't work, cause it would have to be the same tempo as the rest of the best, and you would have to play with a metronome, and that would be kind of weird. At least that's what I think, I'm no expert in that kind of stuff though
Sounds really good, I love Glitzkid, I'll have to come back when they're finished to check them out, they all sound like they're gunna be really good.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Thanks! As I see it, it's just a matter of rehearsing loads. It's just like any other member, just a computer. In fact, I'll give it a name...
itd probably work best if you all used in-ears with a click track so the synths would be the exact same tempo as you
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
^Sounds like a good idea- we'll do that in time. For now, our drummer will probs use my metronome with some earphones.
Get a keyboard-player.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

-George Carlin
Quote by petterblo
Get a keyboard-player.

Well, wouldn't we try that if there wasn't the need to have multiple stuff going on at once, arpeggiators, etc? We've already tried that- didn't work.