can someone please help
Im trying to fit emg 81 into my jackson js30 warrior, im upgrading from pasives but the jack i got with the 81 is way to short for my guitar body. can i just solder the battery to my existing jack?
Take a deep breath. Never do repairs in a panic.
Is your existing jack a stereo jack? (does it have tip, ring, and sleeve connections?)
If you try to use a mono jack, the result will be that your battery is on all the time. If your guitar used to have passives, it probably has a mono jack.
Last edited by cedricsmods at Jul 8, 2009,
Quote by Cpt-Rhodes
can someone please help
Im trying to fit emg 81 into my jackson js30 warrior, im upgrading from pasives but the jack i got with the 81 is way to short for my guitar body. can i just solder the battery to my existing jack?

yes, cut corners and do things the wrong way so that when it doesnt work you can regret buying the right jack (which shouldnt be more than $5)

buy the right jack. problem solved.
Quote by cedricsmods
Take a deep breath. Never do repairs in a panic.
Is your existing jack a stereo jack? (does it have tip, ring, and sleeve connections?)

sorry im a little new at this. its got 3 strips of metal 2 of which are used by black and white cables. its a long cylinder. any help to you?
Quote by Cpt-Rhodes
sorry im a little new at this. its got 3 strips of metal 2 of which are used by black and white cables. its a long cylinder. any help to you?

You're lucky it's got a stereo jack in it. You can connect the battery to the lug that's not being used now and it'll work.
why would a guitar that comes stock with passives have a stereo jack
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
You're lucky it's got a stereo jack in it. You can connect the battery to the lug that's not being used now and it'll work.

ah amazing..however sound stupid but how do i get it off without ****ing the new jack up?
Quote by mikeyElite

My Squier Strat (with the EVH paint job) has a stereo jack in it just like the TS Warrior does. I've heard alot of Ibanez guitars have that kind of jack too. I guess they put those in just in case people want to put actives in.

Quote by Cpt-Rhodes
ah amazing..however sound stupid but how do i get it off without ****ing the new jack up?

Just de-solder it and solder to the other jack.

Does yours look like this?
Quote by mikeyElite

It's all about interchangeable parts Mikey. One less thing to order, one less thing to store, one less possible mistake on the assembly line. The amount they save on avoiding logistical hassle is worth more than the 2¢ more that a stereo jack costs. In most industries, labor is most expensive part of manufacturing.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
maybe.

or maybe it's a closed circuit jack.
need to see a pic or put an meter on it to see what the third terminal does.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
maybe.

or maybe it's a closed circuit jack.
need to see a pic or put an meter on it to see what the third terminal does.

I agree with someone you knew.