i made a thread about my guitar not playing well, the trem picking is horrible and i think it could be the strings are too tight..why could they be so tight? i have 24 frets if that means anything
if your strings are too tight, get a thinner guage string. (if you are playing 10s or 11s, get 9s or *gasp* 8s)
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
It might be the neck curve. Hold the low E string's last and first fret and check the distance between the string and the 7th fret. If it's too big or almost touching there's a prob
I think that they're too THIN. I'd move to tens.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I think that they're too THIN. I'd move to tens.

if a string is thicker, it will have to be pulled tighter to have the same tone as a thinner string. We found this out in calculus class, its a fact. If his string is too tight, he will want it thinner.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Quote by Dopemgs
It might be the neck curve. Hold the low E string's last and first fret and check the distance between the string and the 7th fret. If it's too big or almost touching there's a prob

its basically touching just the tiniest bit above it
Quote by jeffc313
if a string is thicker, it will have to be pulled tighter to have the same tone as a thinner string. We found this out in calculus class, its a fact. If his string is too tight, he will want it thinner.

I know that. The string may be moving around too much.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.