Have transcribed a tune but cannot for the life of me find names for these chords...

Thanks in advance...

Chord 1 - Some kind of an Em crossed with a G...???
--x---
------
------
-x----
-x----
------

Chord 2 - Em / Am / G / D - I have no idea...???!?!
--x---
------
------
-x----
------
------

Cheers
The first one is Em; the second one isn't a chord, it's just E and G. Read one of the thousands of lessons on this site and learn how chord construction works (and how tab works).
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
The first is Em/B and the second is an Em diad. This is why you learn the notes on the fretboard.
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere
- John Coltrane
The second one is really vague. Are you playing the low E string in it too? It could be A7sus2. Depends on the context. Also, definitely learn how to read and write tab, it's so much easier to read than the charts you have up there.

Edit: I read this as if the strings that you didn't have X's on were also being played open, the above two posters read it as if you are only playing the strings you had X's on. Come back with tabs
i don't know why i feel so dry
Last edited by Eastwinn at Jul 8, 2009,
The first chord is just Em. The G on the high E is just an added version of the open note on the G string, isnt it?!

Isnt the 2nd one just an Em with an add4?
Thanks for the responses... I love when you get answers like, "Read the entire Bible before you post" lol...

Just wanted to know what to put above the lyrics so that the site would substitute those helpful JScript popups... Was intending to add the tab for the chords at the top anyway...

Cheers
Thanks for the responses... I love when you get answers like, "Read the entire Bible before you post" lol...

It would be a pretty good response if someone started a thread asking "what does the entire Bible say?". If you have a question about chord construction, reading one of the hundred lessons on the subject seems like a pretty damn good idea.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
It would be a pretty good response if someone started a thread asking "what does the entire Bible say?". If you have a question about chord construction, reading one of the hundred lessons on the subject seems like a pretty damn good idea.

That's a good point , but there are a 100 and I haven't really got the time right now (and am more than moderatly drunk) so I just thought I'd ask here...

I have been looking on the net for ages so not being that lazy...

If you don't know, then fine... If you don't want to tell me, then cheeky, but also fine...

Just needed some letters to put above the lyrics so UG would recognise them and people won't comment on the wrong chords being displayed...

Ta
Right...!

I still can't post this tune to UG as a chord entry because I simply don't know how to represent them in text...

I need letters to put above the lyrics in the right places so I can show the timing... I understand they are not real chords but how do I represent them...?

Don't pretend you don't know the answers...!!!

Cheers
ADe
Quote by Declan87
you're going to have to tab them properly - what you've posted is confusing.
I think what he meant to post was
Chord 1
e|---3--|
B|------|
G|------|
D|---2--|
A|---2--|
E|------|

Chord 2
e|---3--|
B|------|
G|------|
D|---2--|
A|------|
E|------|
Or he might have meant
Chord 1
e|---3--|
B|---0--|
G|---0--|
D|---2--|
A|---2--|
E|---0--|

Chord 2
e|---3--|
B|---0--|
G|---0--|
D|---2--|
A|---0--|
E|---0--|

And TS why don't you just post it as a proper tab instead? (Learn to tab properly first though )
Last edited by Nietsche at Jul 19, 2009,