Page 1 of 2
Anybody else turn on their tv after watchin Adult Swim from the night before and it be on Cartoon Network and instantly change the channel?

Well recently i havent changed the channel as fast.

Cartoon Network has like changed almost everything about itself. now they have reality shows and **** with teenagers doing random ****, and its actually not terrible. (i havent watched it but the commercials are actually interesting) For example, they have a show called "Survive This", which is kind of like Survivorman or Alaska Week. They even have a GHOST HUNTER SHOW lol

Here's the link to see clips of the reality shows:

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/

It appears they are targeting a slightly older audience than before, and it might be working. They have a crap ton of new tv shows and got rid of the old bull****(not OLD OLD like the classics of the 90's and early 00's, but the crap from last year and a couple years before that)

Also they have alot more random mini tv shows that are kinda funny to watch like Mall Goths.... IN SPACE! (trust me, there were lols to be had)

So Pit, anybody else notice the change?

Does anybody care?

tl;dr: Cartoon Network has changed again, do you like it?

edit: there is still some crap, but they have cleaned it up ALOT
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Last edited by GODhimself37 at Jul 8, 2009,
Quote by Littleangus44
Gtfo

is that an insult or you being like "seriously? i have to check this out"

Bring Back Courage And Johnny Bravo!!!!!
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by Well.......
Cartoon Network has, and will always be, ****.

You shut your filthy mouth. Seriously, don't tell me you never enjoyed ANYTHING on Cartoon Network, even as a little kid.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
They were showing Ed, Edd, and Eddy earlier today. That's a plus in my book.

Then I saw the commercial for their new show...slam ball.

May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Last edited by maidenrulz19 at Jul 8, 2009,
Quote by GODhimself37
is that an insult or you being like "seriously? i have to check this out"

Insult, back in my day we would beat up anyone who didn't like dexters laboratory, or ed edd and eddy, or even timesquad, cow and chicken, and the power puff girls. Then this new stuff came and ruined it.

What im saying is no matter what nothing on cartoon network now can compare to the old cartoon network.
Quote by mustangrobert13
I watched it for Toonami.

THIS. and when that ended. so did cartoon network.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.
Quote by Bamitchell
You shut your filthy mouth. Seriously, don't tell me you never enjoyed ANYTHING on Cartoon Network, even as a little kid.

I have always disliked it, even as a child.

Except maybe Courage...
I like Chowder and the Misadventures of Flapjack. Other than that, I don't give a care about the new CN.
I miss late 90s and early 00s Cartoon Network. Nostalgia
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
Apparently in my county, Cartoon Network isn't available on basic cable, but in the next county over at my Dad's house, it is. What bull.
Quote by Littleangus44
Insult, back in my day we would beat up anyone who didn't like dexters laboratory, or ed edd and eddy, or even timesquad, cow and chicken, and the power puff girls. Then this new stuff came and ruined it.

What im saying is no matter what nothing on cartoon network now can compare to the old cartoon network.

maybe you need to read my OP again... i mentioned how amazing the 90's and early 00's were for CN. who knows you may take back your insult, because i was referring to those shows. and you forgot johnny bravo.

Cartoon Network is the most tolerable of most kid channels, but it still sucks compared to years past. I grew up watching Bugs Bunny and Tom and Jerry on CN back in the 90's, along with Dexter and possibly the best show they had in the 90's, Cow and Chicken. They had some okay shows in the 2000's, but now, the only things I'll watch are Chowder, Flapjack, and Adult Swim (Aqua Teens and Superjail FTW). I HATE the fact that they have live action on a cartoon channel. Bring back Courage you bastards!!
"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

"No..." [laughs, then more emphatically] "No."

"Oh, me neither, man, I was just asking."
Quote by RazorTheAwesome

They're on Boomerang now
Quote by Well.......
I have always disliked it, even as a child.

Except maybe Courage...

El gasp! I knew it. I wasn't a huge fan, but I can't say that I never found amusement in watching the shows.

Quote by RazorTheAwesome

Cow and Chicken also brought lulz...

The only good decent cartoon left is Spongebob. (yes i know thats nickolodean)
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by heavenbesideyou

The only good decent cartoon left is Spongebob.

Even Spongebob sucks now. Flapjack is good though.

Quote by Bamitchell
Even Spongebob sucks now. Flapjack is good though.

Hell yeah, Flapjack is awesome. Their drawing style kinda influenced mine (Along with Beavis and Butthead and msome illustrations Tim Burton does)
"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

"No..." [laughs, then more emphatically] "No."

"Oh, me neither, man, I was just asking."
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
And Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls (Yes, I loved that show.), and Cow and Chicken!

EDIT: Darn, I almost forgot Ed Edd'n Eddy.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
you can't beat old school cartoon network with the classics like powerpuff girls, Dexter's laboratory and Johnny Bravo.. they were awesome

and also Tom and Jerry.. but I haven't watched cartoon network in a long time..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

God, CN used to be good. Then it started getting crappy and took it off basic cable here. I miss that good quality TV. They don't make 'em like that anymore, save Spongbob
it sucks now, horribly
everything purple tastes like grape
everything blue tastes like blueberry
everything pink tastes like watermelon
everything red tastes like strawberry
everything orange tastes like orange
everything yellow tastes like lemon
The cartoon cartoons were all amazing.. now it's just adult swim that's good. chowder is ok but it's too "wtf" sometimes.. and not wtf in a good way, as in the way courage was wtf, but wtf in a bad way.

if that made any sense...
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...
Was Courage the Cowardly Dog banned?
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by Bamitchell
El gasp! I knew it. I wasn't a huge fan, but I can't say that I never found amusement in watching the shows.

Yeah. Some of them were okay.
Late 90s CN rocked everybodies socks. I remember the 8 hour EE&E + Powerpuff Girls marathon. Epic win was had. I still have it on tape IIRC.
Quote by heavenbesideyou

The only good decent cartoon left is Spongebob. (yes i know thats nickolodean)

Spongebob had me locked in when they had Pantera as a musical guest. You know a cartoon is hardcore when PANTERA writes songs for it, lol.
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
Cartoon Network is better than it was this time last year, but they've still got a long way to go before they approach how good it was in the late 90's. Chowder and Flapjack are great, but don't even get me started on Total Drama Island or Sixteen. Glorified flash animations, them.

And for the record, they did bring back Courage the Cowardly Dog. They showed it every day for about six months, starting around Halloween last year. You guys must have missed the memo...
Page 1 of 2