hey, ive got a marshall mg30dfx and the overdrive channel works on it but the is no distortion.. everything works fine but no distortion, can anyone help?
Check your overdrive levels, channel volume and guitar volumes. If it still doesn't work beyond that, I'd say it's an electrical problem.
its an MG

problem solved

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by Tyler Durden
its an MG

problem solved

haha i feel you on that but it still don't help me out.. i only use it for a practice amp.. i keep my half stack in a practice space i rent.. so i need to fix this p.o.s. so i can play at home lol
I've had that happen with mine before. It turned out that it was an electricity problem and it cost $300 to fix. I originally bought it for $80. I ended up whacking it witha hammer in my back yard. I was going to burn it, but then i plugged it in and it started working again. I kept it. True story.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by jc349
I've had that happen with mine before. It turned out that it was an electricity problem and it cost $300 to fix. I originally bought it for $80. I ended up whacking it witha hammer in my back yard. I was going to burn it, but then i plugged it in and it started working again. I kept it. True story.

haha maybe thats what i need 2 do
I know you can't live without the CRUSHING overdrive channel on the MG but either:

1) Bring it back and get a new one.

2) Buy a new practice amp.

3) Keep it on the clean channel and just get a distortion pedal.
It's one of the usual problems with the MG. There's really not much you can do about it. Return it.
Quote by mr_hankey
It's one of the usual problems with the MG. There's really not much you can do about it. Return it.

cant return it, someone actually gave it to me lol I see why, look i've been reading on how 2 build a footswitch to cut the effects on and off.. is there anyway i can run the chassis and my head 2 my half stack together to use the effects? i just like the chorus and delay on it