hey im a lefty and i need advice on a new guitar, i have 350$ to 400$ to spend, i play most types of metal and blues, i like C shape and Wizard type necks. my ide right now is ive found a used jackson RR3 (right hand) for about 400$ and i was thnking about flipping it lefty cuz its a v. anyways im open to almost all suggestions, thnx!
Don't steal.
The government hates competition.
Hm, i've played my friends RR3 and I dunno how well that would work flipped. Because the lower horn is shorter I would imagine the guitar would almost be slipping out of your lap while sitting down. If you really want to flip a jackson I would look at the King V, more symmetrical V shape.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
landofmarina im looking to buy a guitar not learn how to play one.
Don't steal.
what about a lefty ESP LTD MH-50? or sumthin liek tht, and how do you actually flip a guitar lefty, cuz my idea is that u take the potentionmeters out and flip them upside down and leave the route cover off and but the knobs back on so the knobs are on the back of the guitar in the route cavity and then the top of the guitar is completley flat. and then i would flip the string sof course.
Don't steal.
^ You'd need to flip the bridge saddles round and change the nut as well.

It'd work fine, your probs best off not turning round the knobs as that would be a massive pain in the arse if you ever need to change volume quickly.

Try it out find a shop and play one backwards just as it is see how comfy it is.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

As a lefty who has in the past owned several righty guitars do your self the favor and find what you want in lefty. Most guitars are just to big a pain to play strung upside down. Something with a angled TOM bridge may not have enough intonation adjustment with the angle reversed. And of course having the knobs in the way is always a pain, you cant reverse the pots then the wires would be on the outside of the pickguard. Some guitars the output jack will be in the most inconvenient place. Others the upper fret access is really bad. And of course the balance issues with em strung upside down.
Unfortunately most companies dont bother to make lefties, only have cheaper models in lefty or have very small selection. If you want something like a V etc and cant find it at a store on the net in lefty there is always warmoth. Might cost more this way but definately worth it in the long run.
alright thnx tackleberry, ive looked at the ESP LTD MH-50 it is the lowest model in the series but ive tried a couple other lower LTD models and the play very well. then again ive only played them in stores. how about the ibanez lefties? any good? like the rg370 er watever it is or the rg170 or sumthin like that.
Don't steal.
where are you in the world, in the uk i`ve seen 3 in the shops i visit regularly. do a google shopping search or ask your local ibanez dealer to order one for you.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jul 10, 2009,
im in vancouver, B.C., Canada. the nearest music stores are a couple Tom Lee's, a few Long and McQuades and a bunch of GuitarCenters in Washington. and i think all of them are Ibanez dealers. but how much is it? in Canadian dollars.
Don't steal.
check out axe music which is an online store in canada, here is there lefty section. http://www.axemusic.com/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=31&strKeywords=Left+Handed+Electric+Guitars&strPageHistory=cat or lamusic which is in canada is offering free shipping right now. http://lamusic.ca/default.asp?nCategory=353&nLevel=4 thats there lefty section.

As someone said above, get a lefty guitar. I played various hand-me-down right handed guitar for a while, and I got so sick of them. I got a lefty-cheap strat copy off ebay, put some decent gfs lil-killer rail pickups in it, rewired it, resanded the neck pocket, and it plays pretty decent. Check out the 2 above stores though. Shipping from the states is expensive if you order online from there, and they can get you for big time duty. I either build my next lefty or buy another one, but I'll never go back to playing a right handed upside down after finally playing a lefty.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
alright thnx man but i can drive down to the states and go to guitarcenter and have buy it from there which is why i was thinking about the Ibanez sa260fml and have them order it for me ahead of time. or maybe an ESP LTD M-100FML but im most likely buying from GC and then brining it back up. and if u stay for 3-4 days then each person in the family down is allowed to bring up like 500$ without duty.
Don't steal.
Oh, I know all about duty. lol. I didn't know how close you were to the border. Ya, if you get something good at GC, go for it.
Vox AD30VT-XL

Guitar Rig 3
thats because it seems the sa260fmL is only available through the uk. A quick check on the Ibanez site shows that if you select Canada or the US, the L model is not available. Only if you select UK for a country does it come up in the product listing. The only place I saw online that offered it was http://www.boxymusic.com/product/Ibanez/SA-260-FML-TLB/48844 and they want 662US for it, with shipping it says, but I have no idea on that place at all, just the only place I found outside of a .co.uk that is selling them.
Vox AD30VT-XL

Guitar Rig 3
I don't know the exchange rate but low end schecters are cheap and most models come left handed look into the Omen 6 I got one and I love the thing. I paid $800 NZD for it so its not pricey.

Hope I helped a little
Prog flavored juice ... You tried it yet?

Shameless plot to promote zee band.
Shed 31
cant you find prices yourself its easy you do a internet search to get a ball park figure. but in the uk just under £300 and that took me less than 20 seconds on google shopping
Well I guess the sa260fml is outta the list so my list now is
ESP LTD M-100FM Left Handed - $350 cdn approx
Schecter Omen 6 L - Dont know different prices at diff places
Ibanez RGE5 L (sumthin like that) - $450 cdn approx
If u guys could help me decide or give any new suggestions that would be great thanks.
Don't steal.
Well do you want a trem or fixed bridge will help for starters? What's your exact budget? Are you willing to save abit more to go a step higher or is your budget fixed.
Vox AD30VT-XL

Guitar Rig 3
i would prefer a trem. locking or not, i would like locking more tho. my exact budget is like 400$ max. i can go higher tho if i must only to about 460$ tops.
Don't steal.
Vox AD30VT-XL

Guitar Rig 3
Last edited by GeToChKn at Jul 13, 2009,
is that Axl Jacknife Lefty good? the reviews seem quite good. im not overly huge on strats but that is a good price for one. and that ibanez looks quite good. does anyone else have any suggestions or advice on deciding? im open to everything.
what about building my own guitar? would that be a wise investment?
Don't steal.
Last edited by bluechikkens777 at Jul 13, 2009,