I have pots for my Les Paul and they don't seem to fit. A little bit of the metal comes up where the knob goes on, but not enough to stay in place. Any help?
I think you bought short-shafted pots. for a les paul (and any other carved top instrument) you'll need 'long-shaft'* pots.

*that'swhatshesaid
------

Shwiggity.
There could be a little pin on the side you can break off. Don't know what it's for, but it's on some pots. If it's really far off, it's probably a 'short shaft'* pot

*that'swhatshereallysaid
Last edited by basilbrush at Jul 8, 2009,
Sometimes the short shafts will fit in LPs depends on who makes em. My epi standard model LP the shorts will fit w just enough threads for the nut and washer. Also depends on who made the pots they vary alot.
Enough with the penis jokes.

TS, are you taking about the pot shaft beig too short or the small metal tab used to hold the pot in place on some pickguards? Your OP isn't clear.
Quote by Invader Jim
Enough with the penis jokes.

TS, are you taking about the pot shaft beig too short or the small metal tab used to hold the pot in place on some pickguards? Your OP isn't clear.

someones touchy about their short shaft

check and see if the little tab piece has been pulled off, like jim said, you arent very clear.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson