hi, so I really want a multi effects pedal for a new amp im going to get BUT I really want one that has SONG BASED presets, preferably one with cliffs of dover, crazy train, and other classic songs. if anybody knows of pedals with song based presets please tell me about them!
Word of caution. Presets generally don't sound so welll because of the variation in amps and guitars. If you buy a multifx then you need to be prepared to tweak the settings. The major ones have people online creating presets to work from. Digitech and Line 6 predominately. Boss multifx don't have very good preset editors.
thanks guys, yea it makes sense that it would sound different on different amps, I am heavily considering buying a 150 watt line6 amp which has awesome presets, then maybe I will get a nice Digitech multi effects pedal so I can still try to get the sound of other amps that I can't afford haha
Quote by strikerbrow
thanks guys, yea it makes sense that it would sound different on different amps, I am heavily considering buying a 150 watt line6 amp which has awesome presets, then maybe I will get a nice Digitech multi effects pedal so I can still try to get the sound of other amps that I can't afford haha

Don't do that please
Yea don't do that, that amp you are getting is digital, digital amp +digital multi fx=rubbish
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
well I was hoping to buy a peavy 60 watt tube amp and get a multi effects pedal that would give me some song presets, I don't know what to do now...
Get a modelling amp.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Well I can't say I even know what that is, I have been playing guitar for like 3-4 years but I haven't started focusing on equipment seriously until I joined a band a year ago, and haven't even started worrying about getting a good amp till a month ago.

anyways... I guess my budget is going to be about 400-700 dollars, I am 15 so I can't really afford anything too special, right now I guess im convinced I should throw away the line6 idea because of the digital sound.

right now I'm thinking of getting a Peavey Vypyr Tube 120 amp. and maybe sometime buy a cheapish multi effects pedal, I had my heart set on a line 6 amp because of the presets but i guess I can't deal with that if I can't make my own decent tone because It will sound very digital
Okidoodle, where will you use your amp? Just in band practice? And if you're gigging what size gigs? I want to know because I don't think you really need a 60/150 watt amp. You'll be much better off getting a small, decent amp (micing it up at gigs) then using individual pedals for effects. (if you're willing to save up) If you're set on buying multi effects the Line 6 pods are alright. I also like the sound of the Boss ME the other guitarist in my band has.

Go try a few out at your local store

EDIT: Oh and if that digital line 6 amps you're talking about is a spider i'll say that it is the opinion of the majority of this forum that they SUCK. But then again, try it out for yourself to see if you like it. Better off buying something you like than what a bunch of forum junkies like
I like Beans.

Quote by Hypnotisation
Throw away old strings? Are you kidding me? They're the only thing that can strangle unicorns!

BE AFRAID OF THE MODIFIED BEAR!

I know I am
Last edited by chordios at Jul 8, 2009,
Quote by chordios
Okidoodle, where will you use your amp? Just in band practice? And if you're gigging what size gigs? I want to know because I don't think you really need a 60/150 watt amp. You'll be much better off getting a small, decent amp (micing it up at gigs) then using individual pedals for effects. (if you're willing to save up) If you're set on buying multi effects the Line 6 pods are alright. I also like the sound of the Boss ME the other guitarist in my band has.

Go try a few out at your local store

EDIT: Oh and if that digital line 6 amps you're talking about is a spider i'll say that it is the opinion of the majority of this forum that they SUCK. But then again, try it out for yourself to see if you like it. Better off buying something you like than what a bunch of forum junkies like

well yea I have looked at some of the Line 6 pod stuff and it seems great, I guess I need to take a trip down to a local guitar center and check them out again, I dont want to spend over 200 bucks on a pedal or my parents will kill me haha, and yea everyone says the line 6 stuff is horrible, but i played a 75 watt version of it at my frineds house and it blew me away...

anyways I will only be using the amp for the most part at band practices, and I guess small to medium gigs, like school auditoriums and gyms and stuff like that
Hmm. For effects maybe a used Boss ME 50 on ebay? (they're discontinued now so I don't know whether you'll be able to try it out or not) It's under $200 anyways. With the line 6 - after some time you will probably start to dislike it. I do hear plenty of stories where after a couple of months they say 'what was I thinking?' When they bought the Spider. Really is strongly discourage getting one but then again if its what sounds good to your ears go for it

What kinda stuff do you play?

EDIT: You could look into the Line 6 Flextone or Vetta - fantastic amps (espicially the Vetta) with built in effects! It'll cover both fronts fairly well really.
I like Beans.

Quote by Hypnotisation
Throw away old strings? Are you kidding me? They're the only thing that can strangle unicorns!

I know I am
Last edited by chordios at Jul 8, 2009,
I play alot of Metal stuff usually, but I also like classic rock and stuff, but thats the thing I think I have found on this forum, most of the musicians seem like they are jazz musicians so they probably hate the line 6 because they are mainly metal amps, and I will admit they don't have the best clean channel
There's a few Jazz people but there's a large amount of metal guitarists too I'm not one of them but see my edit above - I think that might be the answer I don't really know. I'm not too informed on metal amps but i've heard plenty good things about Peaveys in that department.
I like Beans.

Quote by Hypnotisation

I know I am
yea i think ampwise I am going to get the line 6 3 150 watt, and then later on get a nice 20-40 watt tube amp, probably a Peavy amp for when i go to college and just want to jam in my dorm, or put on small shows