I have been looking into getting a Dragonfly 5 String Fretless Bass, from Michael Kelly, and I was hoping to tune it EADGC. Is this doable, and if not, does anyone know from experience how well the low B would ring out acoustically?

Any help in the matter is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Quote by Casketcreep
It wouldn't need a nut change, because the strings would be smaller, and so would fit nicely.

fit nicely in holes made for strings much bigger than them?

A nut change would be needed and a set of 6 strings too
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
you could buy a normal 4 string set and look for individual C strings, but that might be inconvenient.

and without a new nut the strings would rattle around in the nut
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
ok, thanks. Anyone know how well that low B rings through then? Because that sounds like it could be a lot easier.
Quote by Mitchinator1
ok, thanks. Anyone know how well that low B rings through then? Because that sounds like it could be a lot easier.

I havn't played that particular one but the one acoustic bass I have tried with a low b didn't have nearly enough sound projection, It basically just didn't work well.

Who's to say that one isn't different though

EDIT:
Quote by Casketcreep
A nut change/file is only needed if the string is too big to actually fit into the nut.

The whole point in a nut is to hold the strings steady and secure, which is not going to happen if the hole is too big for the string
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Last edited by gilly_90 at Jul 8, 2009,