I've looked at alot of those Authentic Guitar Tab books for albums and different songs, and I've noticed that in some songs the rhythm guitar is doubled up, and sometimes not. And I just don't understand a good rule of thumb of when to double track your rhythm guitars. Any ideas?
Yamaha-APX700 Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone-Les Paul standard Electric
A lot of times, the rhythm track is doubled and it's not even noticeable. Depending on what your recording/playing situation is it's pretty much always a good idea to double-track; you can always take it out later.

Slicedit: Whomp whomp. Didn't see the post above 'til now. Follow the rules, hombre.
Quote by basilbrush
I would have answered your question if you'd only posted once. Tough luck

this made me lulz
My gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Dunlop SW30 Slash Signature Wah
Digitech Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus
Digitech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
Quote by basilbrush
I would have answered your question if you'd only posted once. Tough luck

Well there really isnt a section for "How to Record" so my best bet was to post it in the two most likely places.
You double track your rhythm guitars when you want them double tracked, there's no rules.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by kellan6
Well there really isnt a section for "How to Record" so my best bet was to post it in the two most likely places.

riffs and recordings forum

seriously
Quote by z4twenny
riffs and recordings forum

seriously

fine i'll post it there then, I just thought that was just for showing off recordings or riffs.
Quote by kellan6
I've looked at alot of those Authentic Guitar Tab books for albums and different songs, and I've noticed that in some songs the rhythm guitar is doubled up, and sometimes not. And I just don't understand a good rule of thumb of when to double track your rhythm guitars. Any ideas?

No rules. It's a matter of taste. Something you'll develop through experience.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by kellan6

if it sounds empty or thin, add another track. if not, leave it.
when you want a thick sound basically, so for most metal and rock. If there's a lot of instruments in a track I guess you would only single track it
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.