I just purchased the 706 and i'm wondering what is the diffrences between that model and the older 506? I was looking on ibanez.com and the specs were almost identical i can't even find a difference other than the finish... Does anyone know?
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Last edited by gilly_90 at Jul 8, 2009,
I believe the 706 is neck through and the 506 is not? Can anyone confirm this?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Both are bolt-on, but they have a tone block in the center which is what might make you think they're NT. The 706 has a figured maple top, which is pretty much the only difference as far as I know.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The 506 has a wenge/bubinga 5 piece neck, whilst the 706 is jatoba/bubinga 5 piece neck.

are you sure? I was almost 100% that they were both Jatoba.

Wouldn't wenge be better than jatoba so be in the higher end model if it was in either?
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

Quote by gilly_90
are you sure? I was almost 100% that they were both Jatoba.

Wouldn't wenge be better than jatoba so be in the higher end model if it was in either?

I could have sworn they were wenge, but the ibanez site says differently

http://ibanez.com/BassGuitars/model-SR505
yeah it didn't look like wenge when I tried one

I recently tried an sr5000 (the prestige model). That had a wenge neck and body and played amazingly
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid