Hey guys, what kind of pedals would be needed for a Psychadelic type band, reminiscent of bands like Pink Floyd, Jefferson Airplane, Hendrix, and Jam bands like Phish, Widespread Panic, and SCI.

ATM, I have a Bad Monkey and an EHX Small Clone, which I'm selling for $70 soon. I figure I need a phaser, fuzz, a wah, delay, and I need help with the other stuff. I figure about $100-$150 per pedal, except maybe I'll go to $250ish on the wah and delay.

Right now I'm playing a MIA Strat into a Marshall Lead 12, which is an old solid state marshall. Not great, but do NOT compare it to the MG just because its solid state. It has a nice and useable clean tone and can get a decent overdrive tone.

I had a thread before, but I tried stuff out and now I know what I don't want. I definitely don't want any cheaper Dunlops, and I won't cheap out on the wah pedal. As far as phaser goes, I think the EHX is alright, but the lack of features made it a little bit restraining. I tried the MXR Phase 90 and I thought it was pretty bad, but I've heard the Custom Shop is a lot better, same with the Handwired Vintage.

As far as Fuzz goes, I know I need a fuzzface of some kind, and I was thinking maybe an Analogman Sunface, but I'd have to get that later. For delay, I know I don't really like the Carbon Copy, no matter how hyped up it is on here. When I tried it, I just thought it wasn't that great. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I was just unimpressed. I definitely need an analog delay, so no digital please.

I think I covered everything. If you have any questions, please ask. I'll definitely respond.

TL;DR: Please don't reply just for the sake of post-count, because I'm not interested in half-assed suggestions.

Thanks so much guys
You can see Trey Anastasio's rig (Phish's guitarist) here http://www.treyanastasio.com/treysrig/

Also here are some of the pedals that the guitarists from Umphrey's McGee use (not toally complete)

Jake:
FUCHS Royal Plush Compressor
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter Pedal
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter Pedal
Hot Hand Phaser/Flanger
BBE Free Fuzz Effect Pedal
Guyatone MD2 Delay
Morley Steve Vai Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
BBE Mind Bender Analog Chorus/Vibrato Pedal
Marion Henry Electric Fuzz Bucket
Soundblox Multiwave Distortion
Banzai Cold Fusion Overdrive
Moogerfooger Analog Delay
Radial Tonebone Classic Distortion
Stigtronics ST Compressor

Brendan:
MXR- Phase 90
Boss: Chorus Ensemble (CE-5), Super Octave, and Chromatic Tuner
MXR Flanger
Boss Giga Delay
Stigtronics Compressor and Delay
Morley Bad Horsie Wah

Hope that helps
Well I might sound like a boring old fart, but I'd try to get a new amp if I were you. You could sell your Marshall for a decent price too.

I'd get a Blackheart Little Giant or Handsome Devil. They are fairly cheap and will be FANTASTIC for that music. They both also work great with pedals.

After that for effects: For a phaser I'd skip that and buy a Vibe clone instead. That's what most of those bands used. I'd get a Lovepedal Pickle Vibe, great quality Vibe for a decent price.

For a Fuzz, you could get a Muff of course, but a Fuzz Face might be better. For that I'd get this, if you can work around a soldering iron:
http://www.buildyourownclone.com/fuzz.html

For a delay, do you need digital or analog?

Last but not least a wah. A Vox is always a good start, great price with great tones. But for those a Fulltone is a good choice if you can afford it. Otherwise my 0,2 cents goes to a Teese Wizard wah, a clone of an old Vox.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Phaser:HBE Psilocybe?
Fuzz:Fulltone '70, MJM London Fuzz II, Mid-Fi Electronics Psych Byke (this one is the weirdest).
Wah:RMC wahs. Vintage Vox wahs. Fulltone Clyde.
Delay:I'm guessing you want analog. Look at Malekko, and the EHX Deluxe Memory Man.
Yeah, I need an analog delay. I would love to sort of model around David Gilmour's pedal board.

I was thinking about a Vibe down the road, maybe that would be a better choice than a phaser actually.

I'd prefer not to get a BYOC, because I don't trust myself with a sodering iron after previous affairs

For wah, I was between a Fulltone and some sort of RMC. Not too sure.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
Quote by black_waterpark
Yeah, I need an analog delay. I would love to sort of model around David Gilmour's pedal board.

I was thinking about a Vibe down the road, maybe that would be a better choice than a phaser actually.

I'd prefer not to get a BYOC, because I don't trust myself with a sodering iron after previous affairs

For wah, I was between a Fulltone and some sort of RMC. Not too sure.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

If you like Gilmour, check out www.gilmourish.com.
I also second whoever suggested the Vibe over the phase, can't remember who said it. The demo on www.proguitarshop.com of the Lovetone Pickle Vibe sounds great.
You should also look into buying a slide if you're doing psychadelic stuff. You can get some interesting sounds with slides, especially when you do volume swells.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by BD 425
If you like Gilmour, check out www.gilmourish.com.
I also second whoever suggested the Vibe over the phase, can't remember who said it.

It was me...

But yeah, I've tried the old Vibe and I loved it!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I'd hold onto the chorus if I were you.
Another minor to point out,is that Hendrix placed his dist pedal before his wah,and that gave it a very different sound,so once you have a few different pedals,mess with the order a bit.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.