I've heard from lots of people that putting pedals in front of a Spider sounds like ****... And considering how bad my Spider sounds already, I've been very curious on what it would sound like with pedals in front of it
I've searched a little on youtube, but I haven't really found anything. Anyone got any URLs or something for me to go to hear a clip?

EDIT: i DO NOT wanna get pedals for it.. i'm just curious on what it sounds like.
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Jul 8, 2009,
It sounds awful.

I'm not just joking, or repeating what I've heard from others.

I've heard, in person, the awful tone of pedals in front of a Spider III.

You'd be much better off saving your money, and using the tones in the amp.
Quote by Mitchell?
It sounds awful.

I'm not just joking, or repeating what I've heard from others.

I've heard, in person, the awful tone of pedals in front of a Spider III.

You'd be much better off saving your money, and using the tones in the amp.

No, no, no... I'm NOT considering getting pedals for it... I just wanna hear what it sounds like lol.
Its not a good idea, i dont think you can get a better tone with pedals, save up your $$ for a decent amp
LOL i like how the first two responses totally misread your post

If I find a vid I'll let you know

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by Sample246
Sorry TC, evidently reading comprehension is lacking nowadays.

Here's some kid playing Metallica through a Line 6 Spider III with a Boss Metal Zone pedal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUkaJN4CdQY

O wow. That wasn't as bad as i thought it was gonna sound, but it still sounded like **** lol.

I thought this:

When it was more like this:
Quote by jc349
LOL i like how the first two responses totally misread your post

If I find a vid I'll let you know

Did I not tell him how it sounds?

Anyone know how pedals are in front of a Vypyr? Just got the 15w one for bedroom practice which boned me out of using stompboxes and rack effects at the same time.
Generally, cheaper amp modeling stuff doesn't sound too good when you put effects in front, or behind, or anywhere near it. I found this out the hard way with my pocket POD, and with my current amp (a Cube Street, which works fine with effects if you just set it to "Instrument," which skips trying to sound like something it isn't). Also, cheap solid state practice amps don't sound wonderful, ever, really.