so my guitars play okay, but i want to get some new pickups in both of them, my first guitar is an epiphone les paul black beauty and my second is the this cheap strat-clone called a spectrum, i play pop punk/alternative sorta stuff, here are the only things i know

i'd like to get a gibson dirty finger in the les paul,

and for the spectrum i wanna get the EMG EMG-S Ceramic Single Coil Active Pickup Set/

give me your feedback and suggestions please
For the first, IMO most of the gibson pickups are overpriced you should get some duncans if you play rock or dimarzios activators if your into metal, also i would suggest to change the pickup selector from 3 way to 5 way but that's just me.
And the second if wouldn't suggest upgrading a guitar that has bad wood (playwood), like the mayor part of the knockoffs.
Main Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Line 6 Flextone III
What amp do you have?
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
I would strongly recommend getting a new amp as changing pickups wont really benefit your tone, but if you really must get new pick ups avoid emg because Active's don't mix well with bad solid state amps like yours.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
I would strongly recommend getting a new amp as changing pickups wont really benefit your tone, but if you really must get new pick ups avoid emg because Active's don't mix well with bad solid state amps like yours.

+1
GEAR

1966 MUSTANG

valveking 112

markley tuner
Ernie Ball Wah
digitech whammy
fulltone ocd
usa big muff
boss dd7
boss rc-2

Quote by simpleben09
You sir have a mean ass rig. Have a great day.
+1 for a new amp.

Take the money you're spending on those p/ups see how much you can get for your spider maybe save a little and then look for something used and you may just find yourself a bargin!

Listen to someone who did a p/up swap with a bad SS amp
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

thanks alot you guys, do you guys not like the amp? because i love it, then again i also think if i brought my guitar in and got all the wiring checked it's be better because i'm pretty sure that's being screwey
Quote by chilleraustin
thanks alot you guys, do you guys not like the amp? because i love it, then again i also think if i brought my guitar in and got all the wiring checked it's be better because i'm pretty sure that's being screwey

99% of the people here hate Line 6 Spider amps. only because most of the tones sound very digital and you can do so much better for the price.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
well now that i think about it, it does sort of have that tone to it, i wanna get a marshall soon but then again, idk what would be good for me, any one have opinions on that? i'd love to hear
Quote by chilleraustin
well now that i think about it, it does sort of have that tone to it, i wanna get a marshall soon but then again, idk what would be good for me, any one have opinions on that? i'd love to hear

stay away from Marshall MG's. they're hated just as much as Line 6 Spiders... Look towards some tube combos. like the B-52 AT112 or the Blackstart HT-5 or Blackheart 15w handssome devil. those are just some combo amps under $400. if you give us a budget you could work with and the styles of music you play, we could help you further.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Last edited by randomhero93 at Jul 8, 2009,
okay i'll give you my quick story, I wanted to buy the Epiphone Les Paul Custom in Alpine White, my friends tell me that I don't need another guitar, I don't really need it, but it'd be my main guitar and I've always wanted it, that's $700, so instead of buying that i thought i'd either buy new gold covers for my humbuckers on the black beauty, then i thought just buy new gold plated emgs, it just kept transforming into different things i'd like to get, amp wise, my limit would probably be around $500 since i'm only 16, so you guys tell me,thanks
Quote by chilleraustin
okay i'll give you my quick story, I wanted to buy the Epiphone Les Paul Custom in Alpine White, my friends tell me that I don't need another guitar, I don't really need it, but it'd be my main guitar and I've always wanted it, that's $700, so instead of buying that i thought i'd either buy new gold covers for my humbuckers on the black beauty, then i thought just buy new gold plated emgs, it just kept transforming into different things i'd like to get, amp wise, my limit would probably be around $500 since i'm only 16, so you guys tell me,thanks

you dont need to get new plate covers for the pickups. you probably dont even need new pickups in general. my suggestion is look at the combos i listed and if you can push that budget a little further, maybe a Peavey classic 30 or a Vox AC15
Quote by pedromiles101
thanks alot, i just want the covers since i love the gold, and i'll make sure to look at the amps
Quote by chilleraustin
thanks alot, i just want the covers since i love the gold, and i'll make sure to look at the amps

New gold covers makes way more sense than new pick ups through a crappy amp.