Are you one of those people who have thousands of songs and have listened to less than 100? Or do you listen to each song before getting more?
When I used to have my old iPod, I only had 50 songs on it, (Could only fit 100 anyway) and I knew each one perfectly, there wasn't a song I hadn't listened to. Now that I have a better iPod I have around 400 songs, and there are probably only 40 or so that I havent listened to enough to not know the name of when I hear a section of it.
On the other hand, my sister has around 6 gigs of song and listen to barely any of them.
What about you guys?
Wasn't there this exact same topic yesterday?

And all of it.
Sending a dummy to my God.

I still have ACDC's For Those About To Rock album and haven't listened to it yet. As for downloaded music if I don't listen to it I'll only end up deleting it.
pretty much i buy a cs listen to it on a cd played load it to my comp then load it to my ipod and listen to it the same day at nite.
"the end has no end"
Quote by protest000
Wasn't there this exact same topic yesterday?

And all of it.

definitely

searchbar?

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

i guess im the guy with 50gb of tunes, though half of it is obscure black/grind that i really dont listen to much, but the discography of all my favourite bands is totally worth it

i like to have music around as often as possible, whether from some kind of media, or an instrument(s)
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
On my old I-Pod, I had listened to every song at least once (around 1000), but now that I've transferred my library to my new I-Pod, there are still quite a few songs that I haven't listened to.
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
If I find a couple songs I like I usually download the artists discogrophy, ending up with all the artists songs, and lots of music .

Having a giant music collection has its advantages, some you like, some you dont, some others like, blah blah blah.

Edit: My winamp has 2399 Songs in it, which adds up to 6 days, 18 hours, 49 minutes, and 7 seconds of playing time. 15.00 Gigs total.

But theres even more thats not cached in my winamp list.
Last edited by Vypor at Jul 8, 2009,
I have around 4,500 songs and could atleast name the artist for all of them. The only stuff I don't know is newly downloaded albums that haven't had the luxury of being played in my car.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
According to my last fm, i have listened to nearly 49 thousand songs since september last year. I have 7551 songs on my ipod. Im guessing ive listened to each one at least once.
I have like six thousand songs on my ipod because my friend gets his songs from library CDs and gives them to me. So i have alot of songs I havent listened to. including like all the nine inch nails albums ever.....so I dont blame myself for not listening to everything.

I listen to about half of it.
i have 6500 tracks. I have listened to all of it before, multiple times. However, some has a play count of 0 since it hasn't been listened to since I got a new computer.
I currently have 3880 files in my music library.

I have listened to each and every single one of them.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by deluded_reality
I have 50GB of music (thrash) in my library and have listened to only about 3/4 of it.

You have 50 gigs of thrash?

There are other genres.
All of it.

Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
I have a good 11 or 12 gb, and listened to about 90%. The stuff I haven't listened to was stuff i got from friends, and i only enjoyed a few songs, and skipped the rest. That or i skipped the song with like 10 seconds left to get the other one, one of the two.
My gear:

Memphis les paul (fixin it up as we speak!)
Schecter C1 plus
Ibanez RX 240 (been sold)
Peavey envoy 110 (Pretty dang good!)
Some washburn acoustic...
all my songs in my itunes at least once.. the top listened is 84 and the least is 1.
I have 10,553 and building.. I have a Beck discography coming soon..

EDIT: 30.5 days of music and 60.75GB
Quote by aig91
I've listened to all of my music. That's why I have it.

I like your logic, but have you really listened to all of it? like obscure songs you skip?
Quote by BrashPersona
I like your logic, but have you really listened to all of it? like obscure songs you skip?

"Has listened to" isn't the same as "listens to regularly" though is it?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i have 9370 songs, and have probably listened to at least 85% at least once. some stuff are just part of discographies i havent gotten to yet.

different phases of stuff i want to listen to you know

i probably can recognize at least 65% of my library by a quick listen of a portion of the song
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Quote by deluded_reality
Most of the size is due to the albums being in the flac format.

With a genre like thrash, you probably wouldn't notice any drop sound quality if you converted to at least 256kbps MP3 or AAC. Thrash usually doesn't have much to offer in terms of sound quality, so it's really not worth having the bigger files - you're not gaining much at all.

If you're archiving, use discs.

EDIT: I'm with the guy that said, "I listen to all of my music. That's why I own it."
Last edited by i_don't_know at Jul 8, 2009,