Well I doubt I'm far from the only one here who loves Eric Clapton's tone he had in the early days. So here is a little gift for all of you here: A way of sounding like him! I myself have used Amplitube to copy his tone.

To run them you will need Ampltitube 2, Amplitube Jimi Hendrix and Amplitube Fender to use them. All of them are made in Amplitube X-Gear. What you do is to download the bank here. Then put the folder in your preset folder. Open them in X-Gear to get them to work.

To listen to them, just go to my profile and hear them in action! Sorry for a bit of a sloppy playing. Bakcing tracks are ones I've made myself. Sorry I don't have a demo of Beano and Live Cream though. The demo is to give you and idea of what they sound like.

I have made one preset for each album. The first two are Beano and Fresh Cream and fairly straight forward. There are two presets for Disraeli Gears, one clean (the Twin Reverb tone used on Strange Brew) and the main preset is his Marshall overdrive. After that comes Wheels Of Fire. Then follows the Badge presets. One is the clean tone (the guitar played by George Harrison) and the other the Leslie tone (works for the other tones on Goodbye too). The last is called Live Cream and made to emulate his live sound on 1968 tour, as heard on Goodbye, Wheels Of Fire (live parts) and the Live Cream albums.

All guitar parts are recorded with my Gibson Les Paul Studio with Bareknuckle Mules (PAF copies), straight into my iMac.

Hope you enjoy
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Last edited by Gabel at Jul 8, 2009,
wow, that sounds awesome. What are you using to run your guitar into your computer?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I was using Logic Studio for recording everything and so on!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Yeah I will. I lacked a backing track for it though and will do it as soon as possible!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Last edited by Gabel at Jul 8, 2009,
not bad. sounds better than my line 6 podfarm. i think i might try to get some clapton tones on it to confirm this.
Cool. Unfortunately I don't have Amplitube, nor does my interface's guitar input actually work, so I can't test this out... very interesting though.

On a side note, Gabel, whenever I read your posts, I imagine them in your accent from the 18 watter video. Also, what happened to the demo of the Rocker 30?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I am completely ignorant when it comes to guitar>computer recording. Can you get a real nice sound when you use programs such as what you're using. Does it compare with the real thing?
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

ANDREW STOP CHANGING YOUR FUKING AVITAR. gabe, tl;dr but i would wager you are right...
Quote by Raijouta
On a side note, Gabel, whenever I read your posts, I imagine them in your accent from the 18 watter video. Also, what happened to the demo of the Rocker 30?
+1

But this sounds cool. I gotta look into this.
Quote by Raijouta
Cool. Unfortunately I don't have Amplitube, nor does my interface's guitar input actually work, so I can't test this out... very interesting though.

The Rocker 30 is on another channel and I will do a new one!

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I am completely ignorant when it comes to guitar>computer recording. Can you get a real nice sound when you use programs such as what you're using. Does it compare with the real thing?

Does it compare to the real thing? Yes and no. You can get tones that are very close to them. The thing is that they will always sound like a recorded version of the amp. You can get the tone, but not the feel. So while they sound good, they can't top the real thing. However for playing at home and using for demo recordings and stuff they are great!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
You can get the tone, but not the feel. So while they sound good, they can't top the real thing. However for playing at home and using for demo recordings and stuff they are great!

How do these amp models perform in terms of response and picking dynamics? I've toyed with the idea of getting Jamvox, but I don't want to find myself owning a Line 6 Spider on disc, if you get my drift.
^Amplitube 2 responds pretty well, more so than any others out there.

I wouldnt go with any other software other than Guitar Rig 3 or amplitube 2
Quote by False_God
gabe, guitar rig 3 ftw. :P

Well I prefer the Marshall and vintage models of Amplitube. The Plexi in Guitar Rig is too buzzy for me.

Quote by greggybhoy
How do these amp models perform in terms of response and picking dynamics? I've toyed with the idea of getting Jamvox, but I don't want to find myself owning a Line 6 Spider on disc, if you get my drift.

Well Amplitube responds very well I think. A big part in Clapton's tone is his dynamics and transfers really well.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band