Is there a difference besides the HA3500 being louder? From what I read on the specs they're identical besides wattage.
The HA2500 has an emulated tube pre amp and a normal solid state pre amp. The HA3500 has a class A tube pre amp and a normal solid state pre amp.

Apart from that and the wattage they are the same.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
The HA2500 has an emulated tube pre amp and a normal solid state pre amp. The HA3500 has a class A tube pre amp and a normal solid state pre amp.

Apart from that and the wattage they are the same.

Thanks. Also, I was wondering since the 2500 is solid state, can it operate without a cabinet attached for direct recording?
No it can't. Running a head without a cab doesn't fry the tubes it fries the output transformer which is present in both solid state and tube amps.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
No it can't. Running a head without a cab doesn't fry the tubes it fries the output transformer which is present in both solid state and tube amps.

Ah, thanks again.