What is the easiest classic rock solo youve ever heard? What is the Hardest? base it on the speed of the solo, amount of notes, and if you can play it or have seen it played live(or on TV) that just helps to support your claim. i realize this is a stupid thread but this just popped into my mind and i wondered what you all thought.........

anyway the easiest solo ive ever heard(and can play) is the solo to Fortunate Son by CCR.

the hardest ive seen played live(not by the band, but by a student at my schools guitar concert) is the solo to Free Bird.

i hope this dont get closed for some reason....
Easiest... Erm, dunno actually. Back in Black is the only one I can think of that springs to mind, but its not a beginner's solo, really.

Hardest... A few Black Stone Cherry ones are a bit dodgey in places. Some of Skynyrd's songs are, too.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Quote by Acousticman1992
What is the easiest classic rock solo youve ever heard? What is the Hardest? base it on the speed of the solo, amount of notes, and if you can play it or have seen it played live(or on TV) that just helps to support your claim. i realize this is a stupid thread but this just popped into my mind and i wondered what you all thought.........

anyway the easiest solo ive ever heard(and can play) is the solo to Fortunate Son by CCR.

the hardest ive seen played live(not by the band, but by a student at my schools guitar concert) is the solo to Free Bird.

Once you get the basic riffs down, the Freebird solo becomes a piece of cake. Most sections are just the same lick repeated a dozen or so times.
you don't have to make a whole new post to add one letter
Gear:
Fender MIA Strat w/EMG SA's
Fender Super 60
Boss RT-20 Rotary Sim
Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
EHX Big Muff

"Doctor Kindly Tell Your Wife
That I'm Alive, Flowers Thrive
Realise, Realise, Realise"
i can play the solo to Free Bird, i mean not perfectly, but satisfactory, having to deal with bad amps and sound (it's on my profile)...
ANYWAYS
Easiest=China Grove by Doobie Bros, i guess
Hardest=Anything Zappa associated, from Apostrophe to Willie the Pimp
Quote by enemy120
you don't have to make a whole new post to add one letter

sorry bout that, my computer is screwed up and i got an error message as i tried to post and i had to restart the page.... i didnt know it still submitted
I can't really pin down the easiest ... everybody from Elvis to The Beatles to the Stones to Boston/Kansas/Journey/Styx to Elvis (the other one) has a solo break that is just a slow, 4/4 rephrasing of the vocal line.

Hardest? Without getting into really oddball choices I'd say something from Deep Purple if you're playing above-the-bar, or anything from early Rush or Genesis if you're trying to keep in perfect time with the band. Doing the voiceover at the end of Selling England By The Pound or Fly on a Windshield is freaking impossible if you sing AND play an instument in your band.

I may hate Phil Collins, but I give him mad props for singing and playing from 1974-77. Same goes for Geddy Lee in about the same time frame.
Cinnamon girl definetly has the easiest solo. IT'S JUST ONE NOTE! played on two strings
Easiest - Livin lovin made or.... hmm maybe the intro to white rabbit

Hardest - Hm... victim of changes is rough... White Room needs some pretty good Wah skill, Crossroads can be trouble, Layla is masterful sliding, and Halo of Flies can be rough
Are you gonna go my way? ...No seriously dude, are you? Cause i gotta get a ride
Easiest... I can really think of any. I don't think there is such a thing as a straight, easy guitar solo.

Hardest? There's alot to choose from! lol

Mr.Crowley - Ozzy Osbourne is pretty hard,

Alot of Judas Priest songs are hard to get down... Victim of Changes as an example.

My Best Friend's Girl - The Cars is HARD. lmao
You don't know what hard is until you've tried to learn some Zappa. Try and learn the part at 6:05 in Inca Roads. Then play it double time (like it's played at 7:51).
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Quote by Acousticman1992

I don't really consider "Fortunate Son" to have a solo. It's more of a bridge.

Easiest: Some live Neil Young song where he only plays one single note really loudly over and over again... but he's Neil Young, so it's awesome.

Hardest: Eric Clapton- Let it Rain?, or maybe getting the wah-wah just right in White Room
Please don't confront me with my failures. I had not forgotten them.
Quote by TDMize15
I don't really consider "Fortunate Son" to have a solo. It's more of a bridge.

Easiest: Some live Neil Young song where he only plays one single note really loudly over and over again... but he's Neil Young, so it's awesome.

Hardest: Eric Clapton- Let it Rain?, or maybe getting the wah-wah just right in White Room

well i see it as a solo, but then again i could be wrong. ill change the easiest solo i have ever played/heard to the first solo in CCR's Lookin out My Backdoor( which i have just tabbed out for UG recently on powertab)
Easiest for me, probs.. Paranoid maybe by Sabbath, hardest well dunno if you class him as classic rock, but Eric Johnson's Cliffs of Dover, damn that song is hard as hell infact most of his solos in songs are..
Quote by oands
i can play the solo to Free Bird, i mean not perfectly, but satisfactory, having to deal with bad amps and sound (it's on my profile)...
ANYWAYS
Easiest=China Grove by Doobie Bros, i guess
Hardest=Anything Zappa associated, from Apostrophe to Willie the Pimp

i agree on your hardest foreal....his form of lead guitar is a very interesting and hard to master style.
'Music is the best"
Zappa