The song is true love waits by radiohead. All the chords are pretty much easy,except this one..It almost feels impossible for my hand to play it...Just incase your wondering its from the Guitar Pro tab.

|--6--|
|--4--|
|--5--|
|--6--|
|--6--|
|--4--|

any one with advice on how to position my fingers,thankyou for taking the time to help me......
Doesn't seem possible

Edit: The closest i could get was using my ring finger to play the two 6s on the A and D strings, but it made other notes go dead
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jul 8, 2009,
play a normal g# barre chord. then use your ring finger to hold down both the a and d strings. thatt'll leave your fingers free to put the pinky on.

it's an arse of a chord though, are you sure it's right? is it definitely standard tuning? is there possibly a capo used?

EDIT: it's "relatively" easy to do if you use the thumb over style of barre chords against actually barring. also the standard tab on ug mutes the D string. seeing as this is just an octaving note leaving that muted won't detract noticeably from the sound of the chord while making it significantly easier to play.
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Last edited by doive at Jul 8, 2009,
first finger bars all strings, 3rd and 4th finger on the A and D strings respectively, middle finger on the g string
its called a barre chord, 1st finger barres all strings used, then possition the rest accordingly
Quote by doive
play a normal g# barre chord. then use your ring finger to hold down both the a and d strings. thatt'll leave your fingers free to put the pinky on.

it's an arse of a chord though, are you sure it's right? is it definitely standard tuning? is there possibly a capo used?

EDIT: it's "relatively" easy to do if you use the thumb over style of barre chords against actually barring. also the standard tab on ug mutes the D string. seeing as this is just an octaving note leaving that muted won't detract noticeably from the sound of the chord while making it significantly easier to play.

+1 to this, it's tricky but using your ring finger for a little barre on the a and d works.
Quote by LukeElliff
its called a barre chord, 1st finger barres all strings used, then possition the rest accordingly

did you notice anything on the high e string?
Quote by LukeElliff
first finger bars all strings, 3rd and 4th finger on the A and D strings respectively, middle finger on the g string

You're missing the add2. That's why it's Abadd2
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Id say playing it as a thumb chord would be easiest. Get the 6th string fourth fret with your thumb, and play the 1st string 6th fret with your pinky. Either ignore the A string note and mute it, or attempt to bar with your ring finger.
If I were to play that I'd simply mute the G# on the 4th string and just play a standard barre chord.
404: Sig not found.
Have you looked at any other tabs for the song? It may just be tabbed in the wrong voicing.
Hahahaa. Not hard. I have a bendy ring finger and often cover strings 4&5 when playing standard barred E shapes. If you really can't get there, you can mini-barre the 4,5&6 at the 6th fret and play the 1st string on the 4th as part of the main barre. It still covers the notes but just has a much lower add2 which may give a darker feel to it. And if you still can't get there, there's always the thumb. Not nice and a bitch to change to another chord, but that's another matter.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

it sounds better if you leave the bottom E string and have it as 4

|--4--|
|--4--|
|--5--|
|--6--|
|--6--|
|--4--|

than you just have your
-index finger as the capo for 4th fret
-middle finger for 5th fret
-ring finger and pinky for 6th fret

Yeh btw i found it inhumanely possible to do that chord
Your ring finger has to hold 2 frets without touching the 5th string
while your pink holds the bottom one

Its just stupid, just try what I said and see how you go
Gear:

Yamaha Pacifica 012 (Red)
Vox Pathfinder 10
Zoom Guitar effects pedal G1
Last edited by Midnightblues at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by CrippleBastards
The song is true love waits by radiohead. All the chords are pretty much easy,except this one..It almost feels impossible for my hand to play it...Just incase your wondering its from the Guitar Pro tab.

|--6--|
|--4--|
|--5--|
|--6--|
|--6--|
|--4--|

any one with advice on how to position my fingers,thankyou for taking the time to help me......

I would omit either the bolded Eb on the B string and play the low Ab note with your thumb (because a 5th is already in the chord) or omit the G# on the D string and mute the D string (there is already another root note).

Quote by Midnightblues
it sounds better if you leave the bottom E string and have it as 4

|--4--|
|--4--|
|--5--|
|--6--|
|--6--|
|--4--|

Except that would just be a boring major chord without the lovely add9 note
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Do a normal G# barre chord with your left hand but then place a finger of your right hand on the high e string to get that A# and then strum with another finger of your left hand.

Only way to do it if your not double jointed?
Gear:
1991 Gibson Flying V
Roland Cube 20X
yeah, it'd be kind ahard to just switch to that chord. its annoying on ur ring finger if you use itto press down btoh 6's on the A and D strings.

so i would just do as best you can and mute the A string. you should be able to work out that fingering.