So what are these terms, what do they mean they are all related to the tremolo bridge:

Flutter:

Knife pivots:

Zero position:

Retainer Bar:
My Songs:
God of Thunder - Kiss
Detroit Rock City - Kiss
The Metal - Tenacious D
Tush - ZZ Top
Open invitation - Santana
Hog Bitch Stomp - Buckethead
Quote by mora101
So what are these terms, what do they mean they are all related to the tremolo bridge:

Flutter:

I'd venture to guess that this means the springs pulling back against the string tension, and bouncing slightly back and forth before reaching your...

Zero position:

basically the position you'll find your bridge in if it's correctly set up. It'll stay in tune with moderate use. depending on the bridge, you may have motion in both directions (push down and pull up).

Knife pivots:

these are the pieces on the bridge that make contact with the bridge posts so they can pivot in one (or two) directions.

Retainer Bar:

This is found on the headstock, it increases the breaking angle of the strings so they don't fall out of the nut as easily.

rooty doot doo.
------

Shwiggity.
^That. I had a whole post typed out, but he said almost the exact same thing.

I think a flutter might refer to the actual use of the Trem. A light vibrato is sometimes referred to as a "flutter" (i.e. what a Bigsby is capable of)
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Knife pivots:

Zero position:

When the trem sits level with the body

Retainer Bar:

The black bar just behind the nut
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.