I was shopping around for 4-string single pickup Stingrays today, which I thought were made and distributed my Musicman. I then learned that they were distributed by OLP, so I headed over to the OLP website and found that they're retired

I checked the Musicman site and they have the HH Stingray and the 5-string, but I wanted the 4-string model like Louis Johnson (obviously he used an older model but you know what I mean) and Flea used. Is there any way that I can obtain one without having to search for a used one?
Proud Member Of The Bass Militia

PM Nutter_101 To Join
OLP are the cheaper versions of the Music Man range. Have you tried online shops or your local guitar shops?

Edit: What about this?
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Music-Man-Stingray-Bass-HumbuckerPiezo-Bridge?sku=512875#new
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Last edited by gilly_90 at Jul 8, 2009,
Though they only picture the HH, you can still get a Stingray with a single humbucker.

Check the dealer link on Ernie Ball's MM website; you should be able to bring up a list of dealers in your area of the universe.
While it made me feel like an idiot, your help is much appreciated

Thanks again guys.
Proud Member Of The Bass Militia

PM Nutter_101 To Join
Wrong. It is a Sterling by Musicman. Constructed using the same components as their big brothers, just assembled in Korea. Final inspection/setup is done in the California plant. Same components, just put together more cost efficiently. Many steps above a OLP, a very fair alternative to the USA instruments if price is an issue.
Try another shop, have you been to the Long & McQuade in Ottawa? The one here (Kitchener/Waterloo) has many Stingers in stock. As does a small local shop. You should be able to find one. However it seems the HH is the most common model, they also make a H and an HS. Keep searching man, and buy one! They're amazing.