I went to White Plains with my dad yesterday in hopes of him buying a new keyboard. So as he went off to look for it, I browsed around the guitar section of Sam Ash and found this beautiful Ibanez RG550XX sitting alone. And after playing it a few, I fell in love with it. Now the RG550 was on my GAS list for a VERY long time. So to my surprise, my dad asked if I liked it and called the employee over and asked him to set it up and pack it up. The list price was $900 but since it has two dings in the body (From those bastard noobs that come in and trash the poor thing) the guy asked his manager and they marked it down to $725, which ended up about $784 with tax.

Please mind my camera, it would have been better shots with a nice 10 MP camera, but sadly I have a 4 MP Canon Powershot SD10 :[

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Nice addition man. I always hate it when that one guitar you have to leave behind at the shop always gets damaged by the time you end up buying it. Still, DISCOUNT.

HNGD!
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
That thing is beautiful, and looks good as new! HNGD

btw, were they made with different woods back when those were out? cause that kinda looks like a RG350EX/DX, but everybody talks about these like there perfect!
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
Dunno, I guess pickups were different, and the 350's have a Wizard II neck, when the 550's had '87 Wizard necks. And of course, the Edge trem compared to the Edge III. I played on a 350 before, and the 550 seems much more worthwhile to play on.

My Rig ;D
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
How are the pickups by the way? Do they have that okay Ibanez stock pickup sound?
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
I usually don't like Ibanez, but that is one sleek guitar. HNGD
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
They're alright for now, the harmonic response is great, and they're pretty hot. The V1 and V2 are good, but nothing compared to a Tone Zone or Evolution. But for now, I like them, you can get nice single coil strat sounds from positions 2 and 4 by turning the volume down.

My Rig ;D
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Last edited by DotSick at Jul 8, 2009,
Quote by DotSick
They're alright for now, the harmonic response is great, and they're pretty hot. The V1 and V2 are good, but nothing compared to a Tone Zone or Evolution. But for now, I like them, you can get nice single coil strat sounds from positions 2 and 4 by turning the volume down.

Heh, as soon as I read "harmonic response is great" I thought Bill Lawrence pickups.

I'd put the good ol' JB/59er in there from SD, as for single coil I'm rather clueless. As long as they're decent, usually I end up going right back to my local guitar shop to get pickups just cause the stocks are so bad in Ibby's...

This going back to another Ibanez I had for a while ago.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Dude, that thing is sick!!! HNGD!!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Forgot to mention. If I found this RG in the city anywhere in the city, I wouldn't think it would get marked down as much as it did in White Plains. People in that Sam Ash really get good business because their employees are friendly.

My Rig ;D
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
I just took a look at my pics and this thing needs a good lemon oil McLovin D: and compressed air shots in the cavities. And I guess, a good ol' fret polish.

My Rig ;D
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby