I posted this in electric guitar and didn't get much help, so:

I was looking at the piezos (I don't know very very much about them yet, so excuse me if I say noob things) and I realised that the Petrucci signature had like 2 output jacks, what is this for?
Also another question, I had a friend who plans to assemble a guitar (we'll have parallel assembles ) and he looked at this piezo bridge , is it any good? do you think is a good idea? or should he go for the one like the petrucci's signature? (The tremolo bridge piezo, not the signature guitar)
Thanks.
-Michael Kelly 1953 in Blue Jean Wash
-Yamaha C40M
fishman is a very good company for piezo parts. i dont know about the quality of the bridge, but i know the actual piezo will be good.

i dont know about the specific petrucci bridge, but you have other piezo bridge options like a tele bridge, a strat styled trem bridge, the graphtech floyd bridge, and the ibanez piezo trems like the double edge and the lo pro X (i think thats the name) those can range from $100-$500

or you could make your own, though you'll most likely have a problem with horrid feedback.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148
fishman is a very good company for piezo parts. i dont know about the quality of the bridge, but i know the actual piezo will be good.

i dont know about the specific petrucci bridge, but you have other piezo bridge options like a tele bridge, a strat styled trem bridge, the graphtech floyd bridge, and the ibanez piezo trems like the double edge and the lo pro X (i think thats the name) those can range from $100-$500

or you could make your own, though you'll most likely have a problem with horrid feedback.

Thanks for your answer, I was about to bump the post, but how does exactly a piezo bridge is wired? I mean how do the switch works and how does it get into the jack and everything ?
My gear:
-LTD EC401VF DMZ in Lemon Drop
-Ormsby Run 3 Hype GTR
-Yamaha C40M
The individual piezo elements in the saddles each have a wire that goes to the onboard preamp. The preamp has controls for tone, volume etc (these are on the back of the Petrucci model) and a separate output jack so you can run your magnetic pickups to you amp as per normal, and the piezo output direct to a PA. I believe most can be wired so the normal output works with the piezo as well if there is no cable in the piezo output.
The Petrucci uses an LR Baggs piezo system IIRC, and the Ibanez piezo bridges are the Double Edge (Lo-Pro) and Double Edge Pro (Edge Pro)
what are you wanting?

most people either do a switch that has either the piezo turned on, or the electric guitar turned on. this can be done with an simple switch, i believe its an SPDT? someone needs to chime in who knows more about it.

another option is to have a "blend" pot, this blends the amount of piezo and electromagnetic signal together, turn it all one way, just piezo, all the other way, just magnetic, in the middle, equal both.

the last option i can think of is to have the piezo go to one output, and the magnetic to go to another, so you need two amps, this is the simplest.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Oh well thanks that explains a lot of things, do any of you have like a demo or video where someone uses the TOM with piezo? I've searched and found nothing is it a big sound difference comparing to Ibanez or Floyd or Petrucci's bridge?
My gear:
-Ormsby Run 3 Hype GTR
-Yamaha C40M
A TOM with piezo should sound the same as any other piezo, except different brands will sound different anyway. With the same preamp, it should sound almost identical.
Quote by littlephil
A TOM with piezo should sound the same as any other piezo, except different brands will sound different anyway. With the same preamp, it should sound almost identical.

this.

info on piezo guitars is really low at the moment, i really wish we had a master thread on it. ill see what i can find
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by littlephil

Wow OK thanks for your help guys, maybe in the future you'll see an assemble (or build) with a TOM piezo from my part

EDIT:
Quote by conor1148
this.

info on piezo guitars is really low at the moment, i really wish we had a master thread on it. ill see what i can find

It would be REALLY useful, if you find something post it here and I'll check it tomorrow
My gear:
-Ormsby Run 3 Hype GTR
-Yamaha C40M
Last edited by RiksRiks at Jul 9, 2009,
I'm no expert, but my Dean Icon has piezo bridge with coil tapping humbuckers. With the Icon I can turn on/off anything and everything. They are great setups and alot more versatile then some of the other "versatile"guitars suggested in some of these forums. Typically when you see 2 output jacks it gives you the ability to run your piezo bridge to an acoustic amp or PA and regular pickups to a standard guitar amp and run in stereo. The guitar your looking at is pretty sweet. I've been looking at that one also, but I may go with a Musicman silouette. Trying to decide on an active bridge pickup to go with the piezo and passive neck and middle. Either way, great guitars.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I can't find pics of the Dean Icon PZ, to see how does it looks in the back and front and everything
My gear:
-Ormsby Run 3 Hype GTR
-Yamaha C40M