Ok I was asked to do a gig for about 100+ people. There are 3 bands playing and I was just supposed to play for a bit or whatever. So anyways it's just going to be me playing guitar and I can't decide what song to do. There is no singer, no nothing. I play mostly classic rock music. I don't want to do songs that have a rhythm or something that goes on as it would sound bad without vocals. My last option is Moby Dick by Zeppelin but I don't want to do that. I was going to work towards Eugene's Trick Bag but thought that it was too hard to learn in 3 weeks. Please help me pick a good song.
Thanks
Do Valley of Eternity by Marty Friedman, not too hard except the solo, sounds good with just guitar too.... kind of long though, dont know what youre time slot is

Or you could do that short guitar instrumental kirk hammett did a few years ago...I think its called "Melbourne" theres a powertab for it on this site, slow and easy, not too long either
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
Last edited by IRONMAIDENTLICA at Jul 8, 2009,
And also it is going to be more of 20-50 year olds and then like some older people. I don't want to do anything to heavy sounding because they most likely won't like it. Any maybe a 5 minute time slot maybe longer it's just a fundraiser sort of thing and bands are just having fun.
do some van halen nobody listens to evh lyrics
"Remember folks, it's all bull****. It's all bull**** and it's bad for ya." ~ George Carlin.
RIP
"The last real man in showbiz"
Quote by Splagl
And also it is going to be more of 20-50 year olds and then like some older people. I don't want to do anything to heavy sounding because they most likely won't like it. Any maybe a 5 minute time slot maybe longer it's just a fundraiser sort of thing and bands are just having fun.

Id say take a look at melbourne by hammett, its not metal, its kind of bluesy might appeal to an older crowd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp9LPGgLa14
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
I would preferably like to stay away from really hard songs. Like Van Halen, and Satriani as it would take quite some time to get it down and I only have 3 weeks. And all the songs I am thinking of by the suggestions all need vocals to make the song.
Like what songs in particular? Are there any well known songs that shouldn't be that hard? I was looking at Black Magic Woman but I don't know if people would be like "Oh that's Black Magic Woman." Or be like "Hm that sounds cool, wonder what it is." I guess what I am trying to say is a song that can be easily identified from just the guitar track alone.
Yeah I looked at Melbourne but felt that it was a bit to slow. It sounded good but I also want to show off a bit too as the people going see me as a shy person and I want to basically just play something awesome.
Last edited by Splagl at Jul 9, 2009,