Pretty simple, I'm thinking about getting some pickups for my schecter, since the ones in it atm are very modern-metal voiced and aggressive and I'd like something more versatile. They're Duncan Designed, apparently modeled after the SH-6, which is pretty much everything I'm not looking for in a pickup. So anyways...

-2 humbuckers
-Under $150 combined
-Don't care what brand, as long as they sound good! (I've even considered GFS)
-4-conductor wire for coil splitting (I have a push/pull tone knob and love the versatility) I'm not looking for a great single coil sound or anything.
-Versatile. Beatles to Rage to blues and punk stuff. No br00tz.
-Moderate output (I think)
-Magnets... not really sure. Alnico II's or 5's seem like what I would like, but I'm not sure.

I've looked at Irongear (love the price but they're UK), Rockfield (also good price), Seymour Duncan (Pearly Gates and '59 seem to fit my style but SD is kinda expensive), GFS, and Dimarzio.

I'm willing to get used pickups, but I don't know if that's a great idea cause of magnets aging and stuff, but idk much about that.

TL;DR: need versatile humbuckers for <$150.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Bill Lawrence XL500L and the XL500R........They are sweet and have good voicing for nearly for any style.

Edit: oh and they should only be about $80-90 shipped.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
^Alright, I'll check those out. Sorry for the delayed reply, I was away for a few days.

Any other suggestions?

EDIT:
Quote by Unherolike
Bill Lawrence XL500L and the XL500R........They are sweet and have good voicing for nearly for any style.

Edit: oh and they should only be about $80-90 shipped.

I looked em up, and they seem to be more for metal sounds...
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Last edited by BD 425 at Jul 12, 2009,
I'd say a Duncan Custom 5/ 59 combo.
Or, a set of GFS Alnico Fat Pats.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
dimarzio has a pair of PAF Anniversary pickups that are getting rave reviews. don't know if they're 4 conductor though. they're pretty much vintage output from what i know

but i think there's really no way of knowing until they're in your guitar and all wired up. but i know that at least SD and Dimarzio have trade-in programs
Last edited by sethp at Jul 12, 2009,
sd alnico.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by end_citizen
If you're looking for good some good pickups at a decent price, check out Rockfield. For you, I'd suggest the SWV. It's their take on a PAF style pickup. Maybe pair it with a coil split.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=rockfield

That's actually the exact model of Rockfield that I was looking at! I think that's what I'll end up getting. I like the low price, and I like PAF style humbuckers.